1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Versace for H&M

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Witchcraft, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

Did anyone go to H&M today or this week to get a piece the Versace collection? I did but the menswear was sold out in 30 minutes this morning since it opened and I went home angry and empty handed. For those of you who have not heard about this, Versace and H&M made a collaboration for a collection which was amazing :'(

2. Rooni321

I'm glad someone else brought this up, I love H&M but I'm not too happy with the clothes for the ladies. Its very extreme! Not too into it, but then I again I haven't seen many of the clothes, just the ones on their ads.
    Their commericials are SO intense!

3. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

aaah I know >.< The Menswear was so amazing!!! I was so mad I barely got to see anything in person

4. UnAmourFatal

I didn't really like the collection, except for the plain black shirt with the gold pieces. All the other stuff were just waaay too gaudy for my taste. But that's just me I guess.

5. sepphhyy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think it was a genius idea for Versace to come out with a collection for H&M. I guess they got the memo that a designer can be 2x as successful with a line in stores around the world. However, I do think that they should have made the prices cheaper. I mean when I go to H&M, it's because they have great clothes for cheap, but Versace kept their prices high. I understand that for that design house it's more affordable, but if they really wanted to branch out to lower income customers, they should have figured out a way to lower their prices.

Overall though, I'm not a complete fan of their collection, for menswear at least. It's got a different feel from the typically found clothes at H&M, but I think they went a little too over the top. In my opinion, it wasn't a good idea to make pieces that matched. Not everyone can pull off such a look.

Well anyway that's just my view on it. Oh and also I go to school for Fashion Merchandising and Marketing, so I'm not just talking out of my ass haha

Sepphhyy

6. feverdreamt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I stood in line for 2-3 hours, but didnt get anything (pretty much the only people that got stuff, camped out over night)... The mens collection sold out in like 30 minutes at the H&M I went to too :frowning2:, the womens sold out shortly after.

7. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

I actually loved the menswear and would have bought the whole collection if possible but anyways it proved to be very successful as it sold out in less than an hour