1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Cure (1995)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Markio, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Markio

Has anyone else seen this film? I saw it on TV when I was like six-years-old, and that's when I first learned about AIDS. The movie is about two boys who become friends and one of them has AIDS. There's some news story about a cure being discovered in New Orleans, so they run away and travel down the Mississippi River together to try and cure him.

I decided to look up "AIDS movie" to find it, because all I remembered was this part where this adult woman has "Angle" tattooed on her arm but it's supposed to say Angel; also, at the end one of the moms pushes the other kid's mom against a wall and cries. It's called The Cure and it's pretty good! Not necessarily about gay men or anything, but still...

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember hearing about this at the time but I haven't seen it. Brad Renfro, who was a very popular actor at the time, was one of the child stars. Looks like neither Amazon nor Netflix have it on demand. When it shows up somewhere, it would be interesting to check it out.