1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Appreciation Thread] Nu Disco [Funk, Electro, and Walrus Approved]

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by InaRut, Nov 27, 2011.

1. InaRut

So, I thought that by chance I had stumbled across the next rising electro fad but it turns out I'm a fewwwww years behind. It was funny, I had been listening to Kavinsky ever since around the time Tron Legacy came out but I never knew that it was part of a rising fad of electro music.

So, Drive comes out and suddenly I get Kavinsky'ed hardcore all over my facebook and through following links around Youtube I became exposed to this fad called, Nu Disco.

At first I thought it was called New 80's Synth but after exploring around I knew it by it's offical name, "Nu Disco."

Unfortunately, I am not hipster enough to have heard about it sooner, and now with the DRIVE soundtrack gaining popularily I've failed to jump on the bandwagon before the hipsters lost it to the mainstream.

But, I guess despite me still not being "cool," I thought I'd just post in my spitefulness towards the hipsters (If I can't be cool, nobody can), and encouraging the mainstream spread of Nu Disco.

The funny part is, is that a guy I use to work with was telling me all about it, and I was like, "Sounds dumb." Man I seriously think that I just missed "The Hipster Train" on this one (A couple of years is pretty good considering how late I usually get into trends). I totally could have been that guy that was like, "I liked Nu Disco even before Drive came out."

For those of you yet to explore Nu Disco let me paraphase the best I can:
    It's like...80's pop...Camped up and electrofied to maximum rainbows.

(TL/DR) Example:
    Grum - Through The Night

(!)Amazing am I right?

#1 InaRut, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  2. Doctor Faustus

Lol, only you would think of this mate! Can't say I profess a love of that kind of music XD, but I wish you well in starting a fan club. :grin:

Faustus.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That is an awesome song, I think that I have heard that song somewhere before.

4. InaRut

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome!!
    I like them too, sorry it took so long for me to respond... I using my phone to get on here so I couldn't listen to it..

6. Harve

That song is quite GOOD. I too have never heard of that term, though I'm sure the likes of Cut Copy / Miami Horror etc. etc. would fit under the term. Luvluv synths. I reckon they've strongly influenced the chillwave genre in America (video #2) and balearic pop in Sweden (#3), recently elsewhere.

[YOUTUBE]s_oNzk1q8F8[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]RfONui1mWqg[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]SEUE4Z3ybYg[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]JWCNjyJ3cyU[/YOUTUBE]

Please go mainstream indeed!

Oh my god this post is so embarrassingly hipster. I just can't help myself.

---------- Post added 1st Dec 2011 at 11:59 PM ----------

I just want to spam hundreds of summery-disco videos across the entire internet right now. Last one:

[YOUTUBE]PVYpHboJXcA[/YOUTUBE]

#6 Harve, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011