1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Sitter (Actually has a major LGBT character)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by IanGallagher, Dec 1, 2011.

1. IanGallagher

[​IMG]

[YOUTUBE]nrvz-6_UVFE[/YOUTUBE]

I'm sure you've all seen the trailer for this film before, what wasn't show is it's a great LGBT movie with a lot of strong messages in it. One of the kids in the film, who is 13 years old, is gay and in major denial of it before he's helped out by the protagonist to accept himself.

It was just really awesome seeing a positive message like this in mainstream comedy. Usually gay characters are older teens. I think this might be one of the first depictions of a really young gay guy who struggles with coming to terms with it then embraces it like this.

#1 IanGallagher, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  2. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my gravy. That's awesome! I actually want to see that now. Before finding this out, and reading the brief scene you posted (I'm surprised; it's funnier than I expected), I thought it looked kind of dull, but now I'm pretty eager to see (as you mentioned) such a strong positive message in a mainstream film. :slight_smile:

3. MusicMan12

I had absolutely NO desire to see this movie prior to reading this post. Now I kinda want to see it. Do you know if this is the only scene that pertains to the gay character?