1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-Men

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Bobby, May 28, 2006.

1. Bobby

Ok, at this moment I think Im the only person that hasnt seen X-Men 3. So this question is to those of you that have seen the movie; was it any good?

Im not really a big sci-fi/comic book person, but this movie looked pretty awesome.

2. Really? Is everyone seeing it? I didn't realize.

I was a huge fan of X-title comics in the early 90s, so of course I had to see it. I thought the movie was good. It didn't move me to tears or change my life or anything, but it was entertaining. The person sitting next to me in the theater, however, thought otherwise and wasn't afraid to share it. There are few things more irritating while watching a movie than having a person say, "God, this sucks," once every 15 minutes.

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Don't worry, I haven't seen it either and don't intend to. :slight_smile:

4. nisomer

I was actually going to start a thread about something about this movie. The movie itself was OK, except for the part where the Juggernaut yells, "I'm the Juggernaut bitch!!" In his british accent...haha so funny. But other than that, the movie was just OK.

*Little Spoilers*(nothing drastic)

What I was going to say though, was during the movie, these people invent a cure for the mutant X gene. During the press release for the cure, the guy presenting it said that mutants were human beings just like us, but they were just infected with a disease, and now they can cure it. There were mutants jumping in line right away for a chance to be normal, while there were those on the other side who said that there is nothing wrong with them, and they are already normal. At the building site where you could get the cure, there were mutants lined up ready to recieve the shot, while right across the street there were other mutants protesting and chanting "We don't need a cure!" Even the X-men themselves were split on the issue.

I found this VERY similar to homosexuality. If there WAS a "cure" for it, I am sure there will be people on both sides, once again those jumping right away for a chance to be "normal". And others arguing there is nothing wrong with us.

My question, I know kind of bring us off topic, but IF there was somehow a chance for a cure, would you take it?

5. GuitarGirl1350

I don't like x-men stuff, but Rogue has become my nickname because i have a bright blondish white streak in the front of my hair and it looks kind of like hers.

6. GuitarGirl1350

sorry for tnhe double post...

I dont think i'd take the cure. As struggling as I am with my homosexual identity, it's pretty accepted to me right now. I know people who would and I dont see a problem with getting it, but it would be my choice not to.

7. Brandon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw it Thursday night it was okay, I enjoyed it.

8. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought the movie was pretty good. Not as good as X2 but then that would be tought as I consider that movie one of the most perfect movies ever (like Star Trek: First Contact and Titanic). I didn't like how it was significantly shorter than X2 and focused more on action and less on character and how they tried to smoosh the whole Phoenix storyline in with the mutant cure storyline--either of those storylines are complex and engaging enough that they could have carried an entire movie and they don't have natural intersection points. My least favourite part was how they altered the Phoenix/Scott/Jean mythos.

Overall, though... pretty cool movie.

That being said, make sure you wait through the entire credits for an excellent 20 to 30 second end scene.

9. Triplume

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I agree with most of what Joey said--I didn't like the shorter length, I didn't like the lack of character development, and I didn't like seeing the Dark Phoenix Saga portrayed like that. Personally, X2 was my favorite of the three, but X-Men 3 still has the special effects going for it.

10. Dejavu

Can anyone say...... FIT FIT FIT!!!...... you all know who il talking about :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(just incase you dont its James Marsden/Cyclops)

11. Cam

Cam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The actor that played Magneto in the film is Sir Ian Mckellen who is gay and a great role model of mine. I saw an interview in which he said how the mutant gene in the x-men was like any miniority within society, and to him was like being gay and was one of the reasons he took the part.

I wouldn't take the 'cure' either, as even though it can make you lose friends and family, its special and I'm sure you know what I mean:thumbsup:

12. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    Yeah, and you can also pick up a lot of subtle (or not so subtle) parallels between the "x-gene" and being gay. There was one scene in the second one where Bobby's (Iceman) parents find out that he has the gene, and they say things like "how long have you known you were...this way," "have you ever tried...not being an xman?" and "we still love you son." I was pretty much dying during that.

13. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

I found the same way, i saw it with my straight friend who's into that kinda stuff and was surprised that i would actually come out of the movie theater having injoyed it. But on a less-serious note....the guys are really cute in the third one i heard so i just might rent it when it comes out on DVD.

14. Jerr

THANK GOD!!! i thought i was the only person who thought about the whole it related to the gay thing... i mean seriosly lol

the 3rd movie... i think they picked a HORRIBLE story line for it... i think they shoulda done something with the sentenals i think it woulda been flippn awsome (i always enjoyed the sentinals) but meh... well i said horrible but i did enjoy it... but i woulda preferd them pick another then do this one later on or something like that...

a big problem i had with it was phoenix.. they made her UGLY... like when she would be all phoenix-fied... she would look ugly which is hard cuz i find her beautiful... plus phoenixs are supose 2 b the most beautiful creatures in mythology

i saw it with my best friend and he had a tear (i woulda if i ever cry but i never do) in his eye when prof X was killed cuz magneto saw him and couldnt help... his best friend... gah that just gets me i mean WAY worse then Jean having to die i mean thats just like psh logan loves her but he kills her psh not sad at all but prof x dien and magneto haven 2 watch unable 2 do anything... uh owch!

a lil side thing... um does anyone question WHY he is called Angel? lol oh and um is there a dif actor who playes the russian in the 2nd and 3rd movie... like in the 2nd i think hes hot but i dont think he is in the 3rd... (russian=collosis) also i wish they woulda made him talk more russian then he did... cuz hell hes bloody russian! they are always For the Motherland! (as they should!) and he didnt say it at all but meh

about the "Cure" ...if i was a mutant... depends... like rouge.. i can see why i completely understand her but like others no it depends on it

now about the Gay Cure.... in a heartbeat... dont care how painful of an injection it would be... id take it... i know that sounds all horrible someone willing to get on a gay forum and be all willing to take a cure in a heartbeat but... i acualy would like to... like... my family... id like it not to be awkword between me and my best friend... and its me who makes it awkword not him... i duno i dont have many... like gay friends.. like NONE who i see on a regular basis... like i have a lesbian friend who i see at school and we talk online at times but thats it... no homogay guys (homogay is a fun thing we say at my school in band... its just fun 2 say together) but yea i would

15. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because he's relatively gorgeous and he has wings... just like an angel would.

It was the same actor for Colossus in X2 and X-Men: Last Stand.

16. Jerr

i duno i just liked the lil bit i saw of him in the 2nd then i did in the 3rd... i duno maby OH i know what it is its the jammies! he was in his jammies (by jammies i mean pj bottoms and a well defined uper half) and thats what made him oh so sexy!

about the questioning why thing i mean i always knew angel was a pretty boy with "angel" wings... but damn im quite fond of the actor they chose hes a new fav of mine lol

oh the after the credits thing... made me... well... slightly disgruntle in a not so slightly way lol man the yneed another but "no this will be our last movie" HAH... well they did admit to doing another movie but it being wolverines story from b4 his memory loss issues (honistly... im not the biggest fan of wolvie... never have been... i mean yea hes grand n such but i know his story and i dont care give me some damn sentinals!)