1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New ABC Series - Work It - which has two crossdressers!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Katelynn, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Katelynn

So I JUST saw a new promo for a new series premiering in January on ABC. Work It features two men who dress as women to secure employment. According to ABC, the show centers on two unemployed men who have “learned the hard way that the current recession is more of a "man-cession" and their skills aren't in high demand. Then the almost-broke Lee finds out that Coreco Pharmaceuticals is looking to hire sales reps -- female sales reps. He takes a chance and goes into the interview dressed in heels, a skirt and make-up. The transformed Lee gets hired -- as a woman.”

Sounds like Bosom Buddies simply being recycled but it will be nice to see this kind of series on a major network. Hopefully it doesnt reduce the whole thing into a farce. Still it did look pretty funny!

2. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not to be a downer, but unfortunately I see it getting cancelled mid-season. It looks mildly funny, but I'm unimpressed with most major-network sitcoms at the moment... Especially those on ABC. Who knows though?

But yes, it ought to be seen as a positive that cross-dressing is on a major network. However, I don't think it's being portrayed accurately based on the previews I've seen. And using it solely for comedic effect is bound to upset some people.

3. Zontar

Sounds like an awful bastardization of Bosom Buddies.

edit: i just read you said the same thing :x

4. Katelynn

Some good points BlackCat, but on the flip side, Tom Hanks played a crossdresser on a sitcom called Bosom Buddies, also on a major network & on TV in the 80s, & it is still one of the best TV roles he ever had, PLUS it was very popular as well, so who knows? As a mid-season replacement, you're right, it probably doesn't have much of a chance, but sometimes people watch something & things just click! I'll watch it & see if it's any good, but if the bulk of the show is just making fun of a couple of guys who crossdress to get a job, it could get old quickly...