1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amanda Palmer/Dresden Dolls

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Mogget, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Mogget

Is anyone else here a fan? I discovered Palmer several years ago and absolutely love her. My favorite song of hers is "Night Reconnaissance" (note: all Dresden Dolls and Amamda Palmer songs should be assumed NSFW unless otherwise stated):

[YOUTUBE]9yC6xftLzrY[/YOUTUBE]

Her best-known work is probably "Coin-Operated Boy":

[YOUTUBE]j4gPZPKJc0s[/YOUTUBE]

But in all honesty, all her work is brilliant. I'm mainly familiar with the stuff she did in the Dresden Dolls, but I also have her Evelyn Evelyn album, which is also brilliant.

Also, for bonus points, she's married to Neil Gaiman!

2. Allecto

I love the Dolls/Amanda Palmer! "Lonesome Organist Rapes Page Turner" is my personal favorite.

3. Gitano65

Gitano65 Guest

I'm a big fan of Amanda Palmer!!! Have you seen her video, "Amanda Palmer & The Young Punx - "Map of Tasmania" ??? OMG! Let's just say--it's memorable...and very good! (!)

4. Eucalyptus

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am a huge AFP fan. She has been inspiring me and saving my life since '03-4. She has helped me deal with suicide, rape, addiction, heartbreak, and a just a general hate for mankind. Truly an amazing woman!

I actually have a few tattoos inspired by her, mostly lyrics. One on my thigh actually says, "Directed by Spielberg and starring The Masochist Club" which as I'm sure you know are lyrics from Night Reconnaissance!