1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what books have you lot been reading

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by hakeem_uk, May 29, 2006.

1. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

Well right now am reading a book called Myths and Legends

well i think its a good book it has 35 storys in it, from greek to japanese and eta.
    this might be a book for people around 12 to 16 really if you are into this type of thing anyway.

I think in the book a story called "The dragon and Saint Georoe if you ask me its a really good little story

Anyone esle got any good books that you want to share we me?:smile:

2. Bobby

I just got done reading a book called Black Alice. Its set in the 60's. Its about a little girl whos having trouble deciding whoe she is. There are two distinct possiblities; she either a white heiress or a black girl. It takes the whole book to figure out which one she really is.

I probably just screwed up the descripiton of the book, but it really is a good book none the less.

I think im going to read The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I heard it was supposed to be good.

3. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

i think my mum has that book
    it sounds very good like this book called ugly and that about this black girl who had a bad childhood because of her mum and the thing is that the brothers and sister dont.

4. imad

hahaha. I was just going to post that I had finished reading that book today (a few minutes ago, actually). The Perks of Being a Wallflower is an amazing book. It's so deep. I really can't describe it in a way that would make it sound as good as it was for me.

5. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

That sounds great!

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  7. nisomer

I just read the Catcher in the Rye a couple of weeks ago in school. Probably my favorite book we read this year.

8. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

what books do you think i might as well room?
    because there nothing to read at my house right now

9. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Currently reading Anthony Burgess's 'A Clockwork Orange' and loving it!!! His use of Nadsat definitely makes it more challenging to follow, but well worth looking up the meanings of words. x) The guy who reccomended this book to me I now owe an eternal debt, its that amazing. Love ya Aiden! xDDD

10. Greendalehumans

I'm reading one called No Saftey in Numbers by dayna lorentz

I'm not far into it, but it's good so far :slight_smile:

11. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I restarted The Lost Slayer, a Buffy the Vampire Slayer spin off novel and also The Neverending Story.
    I also have all the Sherlock Holmes books, so will be starting that post Christmas.

12. Emberstone

holy necroposting, BATMAN!!!

someone brought back a one paged thread that died 6 years ago.

I finished Rick Riordan's 'Mark of Athena' last week, and I am still reading the Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling. Sadly, most of my freetime for reading is devoted to editing the first half of my manuscript, and memorizing lines for the play I am doing in feb, of which we start rehersing in just over two weeks.

13. FollowtheFreeman

The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.
    Unfortunately due to finals I haven't read a page in a week, but thankfully now that they are over I'll finally be able to finish it. And I must say that it is a fantastic book. While Richard Dawkins is rather passive-aggressive towards religion, which I don't necessarily agree with, he manages to morph what would have been a dull subject or topic into really interesting things. I whole-heartedly recommend it.

14. Coyote

Lately I've been reading Waterways by Kyle Gold. It's a coming of age story - a guy realising he's gay and what he goes through as a result.

Don't let the fact it's a Furry Novel put you off, I highly recommend it to anyone with an open mind, or who is going through that initial questioning of ones-self.

15. Thieves

Thieves Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    Books I've been delving into lately:

The God Problem: How a Godless Cosmos Creates, by Howard Bloom. (Very interesting, and can't wait to get further into it.)
    Lie Down In Darkness, by William Styron.
    Re-reading Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger, of course.
    Hippie by Barry Miles, a book about where the term 'hippie' originally came from during that time and everything that was going on during the 1960's-1970's. Music, politics, the underground culture, etc. It also includes these gorgeous, high-quality photographs from those time periods.

16. BENDERBOY

BENDERBOY Guest

Just started another Knights Templar book, The Templar's Secret by C.M.Palov.

I've read that many of them over the past few years i'm sure i could write my own.

17. Juggalo

Alternating between two books at the moment.

Currently reading: School's Out Forever trilogy. Probably in the top ten books I've ever read, but I'm only halfway through the second one, so we'll see where it goes.

Currently reading: Snow Crash by Neil Stephenson. Its a very unusual book with a unique writing style. I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Absolutely hilarious dark comedy techno thriler type book. Incredibly weird, though. Bonus: the main character's name is Hiro Protagonist.

I recently read Heinlein's Starship Troopers. Was utterly the oposite of what I was expecting. Was put off at first, and then it became this super awesome book. I highly recommend it.

Also just finished Zombie Apocalypse! Fightback. It was weird, and not as good as the first one. Both of them have been written from the point of view of internet blogs, police reports, eyewitness statements, etc, and the appearance and font for each section reflects this, ie post its left on the page or the page giving the appearance of an internal company memo.

18. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Introducing Philosophy: A Graphic Guide. Pretty self-explanatory, super interesting.

19. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been reading a book called Being Good. It's about ethics. It's really interesting.

20. FishMan27

I got "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Greene for Christmas, and I finished it today. It's about a few teens who have cancer and fall in love. It was so incredibly amazing. Funny, beautiful, and heart-wrenching. I have to admit, I kind of developed a crush on one of the main characters, Gus.