1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Big Fat...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Gitano65, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Gitano65

Gitano65 Guest

I just finished up watching, "My Big Fat Gypsy Christmas" and I can't help but smile a big fat Gypsy smile!!!!:icon_bigg

2. Allecto

It's fun to watch the tackiness, but I hate how they portray it as an accurate view of Travellers. It's like claiming that Jersey Shore is an accurate portrayal of Italian-Americans.

3. Gitano65

Gitano65 Guest

How very true! The show was very sensational, but being Romany myself, I suppose I try to look at a show like that in the best possible light I can, and just focus on the fact that the show is at least a start in the right direction for Travelers/Roma people--it's not all bad and it's not all good--but, there is good. We are a misunderstood people, but that is partly our fault because we as a culture are so secretive, and I for one disagree with this approach. I think secretiveness leads to misunderstanding, which leads to fear, which can lead to hate. So, with that in mind I appreciate the exposure a show like, "My Big Fat Gypsy Christmas" gives--it's at least (hopefully)moving us in a more positive direction...there's a long, long to travel though...

4. Colton

^^^THIS!!!

And at first, I finished the title with "My Big Fat...Greek Wedding" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Gitano65

Gitano65 Guest

I meant to finish off saying, "there's a long, long road to travel through..."