1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Bobby, May 29, 2006.

1. Bobby

Ok, I know I already made a thread about summer, but theres one other vital part of summer that needs its own thread; summer music. You all know that when summer time comes around you grab certain cds to get you in the summertime mood.

Well the cds Ive currently grabbed are: The OC: Mix 1, The All-American Rejects, and a mixed cd of Stevie Wonder, Heart, Sir-Mix-A-lot, Nelly, 50 Cent, Ludicris, Life House, Wheatus, O.A.R, Fountains of Wayne, Boston, Cream, Steppenwolf, Tommy Lee, Evan & Jaron, Third Eyd Blind, Missy Elliot, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Everclear, Neyo, Teddy Geiger, Ashlee Simpson, Rascal Flatts, Hinder, Goo Goo Dolls, Rooney, Kelly Clarkson, The Doobie Brothers, Poison, Buffalo Springfield, Ozzy Osbourne, Ben Harper, Ram Jam, Kanye West, I could go on and on.

Oh and of course the new American Idol CD. :thumbsup:

2. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

wow u sure like your music lol

3. Brandon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Boy I have so many CD's that I play through the summer time, even some that I don't rarely listen to. :icon_bigg

4. TriBi

Wow - I didn't think many people could remember Buffalo Springfield (CSNY minus 2, plus 2 others, & before they hit it big). Hey - they were good in their day...

5. Bobby

Lol, I dont think many people do remember Springfield. I think thats the only song me and my mom can sing in the car together, but im pretty sure shell be able to sing Baby Got Back before the summer is over.

6. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

do you lot like Kanye West, i have all his albums!

7. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just got the new Pink CD and the new Madonna CD. Those are pretty peppy, although I don't know if they qualify as "summer" music.

The only thing I can think of that I would call "summer" music would be (besides the Beach Boys) LFO. Summer to me means bubblegum pop, so maybe Aaron Carter? Aqua? Atomic Kitten?

Probably ABBA. Original Hanson and the Moffatts?

I'll shut up now before someone makes fun of me. :slight_smile:

8. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

i think pink is ok i like some of her new songs.

9. LorenzG1950

Our tip of the month.

Meanwhile Back At The Ranch - Texas Lightning

Some albums are just special. Who would cover Madonna, Abba, Lou Reed and Moon Martin, not to mention AC/DC on a country album?? Texas Lightning. Oh sure, a country band from Germany with an Australian lead vocalist can’t help but massacre all of the anthems we’ve held sacred for decades. What appears to be sacrilege is really pop satire, cleverly camouflaged in redneck smooth. That’s where country music fans may not even realize that they are being fucked with, in a nice way, as they hum along to a head job with pedal steel.

Not only are the vocal arrangements superb, Texas Lightning is classic country that works for a picnic or the local gay bar. There is little that bonds rednecks and homosexuals, theoretically or musically. But Texas Lighting literally says, ``Fuck You``, Blue Bayou. We’re all in this together.

The catchy first single ``No No Never``, is a love song I’m already associating with my recent introduction to the local gay club scene and the beautiful summer of 2006. The follow-up is a steamy version of Madonna’s ``Like a Virgin``.

If you can bring yourself to listen to country, this is great summer music!

Lorenz:thumbsup::eusa_clap

10. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    hey, no worries. i occasionally indulge in the guilty pleasures of ABBA and aqua (it's actually on my running mix :icon_smil ) and madonna for me is pretty much just a year round artist, though "music" does seem like a very summery song.

yeah, most of the artists that i listen to in the summer just remind me of summer by association and aren't necessarily summery in themselves, such as R.E.M., Simon and Garfunkle, Dispatch, Coldplay, Rihanna, and (though i'm a tad embarrassed to admit it) Dixie Chicks.

11. Dejavu

Ok im gonna seem.. what odd? not on this forum lol.. anyway.

Maddona THE QUEEN HERSELF

DJ Rankin

Hed Kandi

Holy Ghost

Any many many others, ok i also have Bob Marley, ABBA, Evanessence, Enya, Spice Girls (i know i know), and anything else you could ever think of from old to new to ancient, its all in my collection.

12. Heat Wave

well i just listen to any type of music at any time of the year. ATM i am in to the Kooks, Christina Aguilera the new song (Ain't No Other Man), kaiser cheifs and some ashlee simpson

13. GQMan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been buying up a lot of Beatles CD's lately and getting more into the classic rock stuff. I plan to buy another Pink Floyd album and then finish off my Beatles collection with the Black and White Albums. I looove Boston, Queen(man that boy can sing), and all the others. But I can never get enough of Green Day(still fav band), All American Rejects, The Libertines, Kaiser Chiefs, Jimi Hendrix, the Killers. Just good stuff. Oh and I just fell in love with Elton John. "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word" just speaks to me so much right now in terms of this friend of mines. Its like he knew exatly what I wanted to say.

14. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

I dont really have a "summer" playlist i just listen to the same tunes but generally like to stick to pop and country in the summer.

Here's what ive been into lately:

Dixie Chicks, Pink, Moulin Rouge, All American Rejects, Ashlee Simpson, Rihanna, Liz Phair, Avril Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson, Pussycat Dolls.

The ones in red being the most dominant on the playlist.

Really i just turn on the radio most days and 99.1 HITS FM, plays all the best of the top 40 and all good stuff.

15. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    wow, that really weird, thats EXACTLY all the pop ive been into this summer, minus about 2 or 3 of them...

and everyone should check out midnight juggernauts...they're a band from austrailia who are kind of electro/rock and very danceable(sp?) yet still very listen...able?

16. lilkimfan029

so i guse we post the music we listin to during the summer so i'll say mine

50 cent,nelly,ludacrise,shawnna,trina,lil kim,E-40,ll cool j , busta rhymes,jackie o , mia x, snoop dogg,omarion,marquest houston,lil wayne,keshia cole,letoya luckett,DTP,webbie,g-unit,emeimtrick daddy
    missy elliot,usher,joey montana,beyonce,rasheeda those are my favorite artists

17. Mnstn

I am a fan of rock music such as:
    AFI,Delerium,Garbage,Fall out Boy,Pink,The Fray.I also like the occasional non rock band or singer such as Indigo Girls, Melissa Ferrick, Jill Sobule and Melissa Etheridge.

18. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I listen to Rammstein religiously, other than that I like The Killers, My Chemical Romance, a bit of Marilyn Manson, Blink 182 and a few more.

19. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

This shows my age - I have not heard of any of the artists mentioned in posts #14 to #18!

I have not been following modern music for many years. Our trainee at work always has BBC Radio 1 on in the workshop, and when I go there it always sounds like tuneless noise to me. The presenters sound far too immature in what they say too.

My era is 60s through to the mid 80s, though I enjoy some older and newer stuff too. I don't really have favourite artists now, and listen to a wide variety of music. Favourite radio station is Saga 105.7FM which is actually targetted at over 50s (I'm not that old), otherwise it's random selections from about 50GB of MP3s (mostly ripped from CDs we have purchased).

Some artists to give a flavour: Abba, Carpenters, Elton John, Meat Loaf, Beatles, A-Teens, Beattiful South, Boomtown Rats, Dire Straits, Elvis Costello, Jim Reeves, Joe Jackson, Neil Diamond, Queen, Seekers, Simon and Garfunkel, Slade, Take That, and Tom Robinson.

20. Mad Markie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hehehe when you work in woolworths you get to here most of These and sorry guys We cant stand them ;-) so it mostly 80s music we like to have On,
    but im a Big BIg BIG fan of the Pet shop boys :eusa_clap