1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prometheus

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Samadhi, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Samadhi

Prometheus

For all the fans of Ridley Scott's Alien - Prometheus is the 'prequel' to Alien. How did that mysterious ship get on that forsaken planetoid (a.k.a. LV-426)? WTF is with that giant creepy skeleton in the 'Pilot's' seat? Etc, etc.

Even though, to me, such a movie is a freaking huge risk - setting down in 'official' canon the origins of two mysterious and enigmatic species (likely flying against a bazillion theories and fanfic stories), and working in some controversial human-origins stuff (purportedly) - all after three decades or so of leaving it up to the imaginations of the fans... Well, watch the trailer. OMG. *gasm* It's probably worth watching even if you haven't seen the 'sequel' Alien (if so, DROP EVERYTHING and watch it NOW!) :grin:

2. Shevanel

Did they finally say it'll be a prequel to Alien? I thought they were keeping the details very under wraps. I'm very excited for it though. I love Ridley Scott films, and I love the Alien franchise of course :slight_smile:

3. Samadhi

Definitely prequel! The trailer pretty much tells all :grin:
    Remember in the first movie where they landed on the crazy planetoid to investigate the "distress" beacon? That ship they find, and investigate - only to encounter the Alien species? They explain how and why that ship was there (and I'm fairly sure it wasn't to stopover on the way to Sector X7 to grab a cheeseburger at Space Maccas :lol:

4. Shevanel

I didn't watch the new trailer until after I posted the previous post xD

5. Samadhi

Omgriffic isn't it? :slight_smile: