1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh my god Dexter!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by WillowMaiden, Dec 23, 2011.

1. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Whoever saw Dexter, let's freak out about it like now.

What the fuck?!! Finally the great Dexter gets caught by Deb of all people after she concludes she wants to bang--I mean is in love with him of all times!

Here's what I think.
    1.) Deb's gonna try to change him with her sisterly not technically incest love.
    OR
    2.) Turn the other cheek for a while until her morals get in the way then it's brother lover sister vs. serial killer brother.

As far as what Dex is going to do...I have no idea. I know he won't kill her, at least not right there in the church. I have faith in that. Maybe he'll try to talk her into letting him get away with it or make a bullshit promise to stop, I honestly don't know. As I'm sure Dexter probably doesn't know seeing as we've (as in he's) never been caught before. I really can't wait for next season. Man, just wow.

Now let's talk about Travis. I clap for him. :eusa_clap He started out as kind of a nobody who I thought was just being pushed around by some crazy old man. So naturally I was wa more curious about the old man. I wanted to know the how, when, where, and why of his mental break. But then Travis emerged as the true Villian and he did so badassly I must say. I wasn't on his side or anything, but he was a good match. Really gave Dex a chase, I mean our guy was breaking the code left and right trying to get him. A worthy opponent was Travis, but still happy to see him go. Sorry man, bigger fish.

I was actually kinda mad, underneath the shock, that we didn't get to see Dex's POV when he stabbed Travis. I mean we have been watching Dexter lose his shit all over the place just to get him, gone through all these close calls and shit. Seeing it from Deb's point of view took the impact out of his death, but her point did provide another wave of emotions like "holy shit, she's actually there" kinda feelings, so that kinda makes up.

Ummm, oh right. Laguerta was a fake ass pain and Deb's ex, I forget his name, was a hot mess. Anyway, that's all I really have to say for now. What did you think of this season, Dexter's actions, other characters story lines as well? Brother Sam, how did you all feel about him? Gotta say, I liked him.

Who's looking forward to next season and who's ready to call it quits?

2. Samadhi

omg so needed spoiler box
    I'm in Australia so a few seasons behind lol

But, I don't care. If I was a serial killer, I'd be Dexter :grin:

#2 Samadhi, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  3. PerfectInsanity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    **If you aren't fully caught up through season 6, don't read the text below (spoilers).

I really can't wait to see what's up with the Louis subplot (sending the Ice Truck Killer manequin hand to Dexter, making a game about serial killers, his weird obsession with Dexter). I also think that the blond intern, Ryan, from the beginning of the season is involved more than just helping to get the ITK hand out of storage so Louis could "buy" it on eBay. She made a comment about painting her nails that same color for a period of time while the ITK case was going on (was the nail painting feature even made public?). My theories:

1) Louis and Ryan somehow knew Brian Moser (Dexter's brother, a.k.a. ITK), possibly during his time at mental institutions when he was younger, and were mentored by him. Therefore, they would have knowledge of Dexter being a serial killer and would think sending him the hand might be the appropriate way to toy with him. This might also make sense considering Laura Moser (Brian and Dexter's mom) painted her nails those colors, which was the reason for why Brian painted the nails of his victims those colors. Again, if those details of the case weren't made public, how else could they know something like that? The weird palm-artistry that Louis added to the hand also seem like he is sending some sort of weird message to Dexter to toy with him. And, of course, the fucked up video game Louis made about serial killers. Regardless of the irony in him showing such a game to Dexter and asking for his approval, wouldn't he know that Dexter's wife was murdered by a god damn serial killer (Trinity)? How did he think Dexter would react to such a thing other than with disgust (also seems good evidence for him trying to mind-fuck Dexter)?

OR

2) Louis and Ryan are part of an undercover operation, either by the FBI or Internal Affairs, to gather evidence of Dexter being a serial killer. Perhaps way back in season 2 when Agent Lundy was investigating the Bay Harbor Butcher case, he had suspicions about Dexter that were later looked into following the investigation of Rita's death (along with the fact that Dexter's own brother was a serial killer). In this scenario, maybe Louis is trying to toy with Dexter for the reason of gathering evidence. This might explain sending him the ITK hand and trying to see what his reaction/input would be over the game about serial killers. The way in which Ryan and Louis went into Masuka's internship program, stole the ITK hand out of evidence, and then covered up the supposed eBay sale through Louis's hacker skills would fit for them trying to carry on an undercover investigation unnoticed by Miami Metro. Also, the biggest evidence might be in that Louis is very tech saavy and placed a search engine on Dexter's computer (my guess is that this allows Louis to monitor Dexter's computer activity/keystrokes). The way Louis seems to be watching Dexter's moves when he's around and even getting involved with Dexter's babysitter so he has access to his house would also fit with him being undercover (although this could also fit theory #1 above too).

Either way, considering they left us hanging with this unresolved story line strongly suggests something big is coming next season with the Louis subplot. Now we have to wait until next September/October to see what that is! DAMMIT!!!

Also, in regards to Deb's weird new-discovered love for Dexter, I don't think it will play as much of a part now that she knows Dexter's a killer. It will probably just add to her overall internal struggle about what to do. On top of being lieutenant of Miami Metro Homicide, she just witnessed her adopted brother, whom she has complicated feelings for, kill a man (the perpetrator behind the "Doomsday Killings" no less) right before her eyes. Something tells me her counseling sessions ain't gonna cut it!

#3 PerfectInsanity, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  4. person54

************** Spoilers below *********

Those writers sure as heck know how to end a storyline. I'm probably just as or more excited for the next season than I was after Rita had gotten killed.

5. steel03

I Know Right. Oh My God.

6. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Me too! Those writers are driving me insane. I love it!

7. steel03

I was at my grandparents house a couple days ago for family Christmas, and my cousin from Texas was going on about the cliffhanger at the end of The Walking Dead and how mad he was that he had to wait until February for it to come back. I was like OH MY GOD DUDE YOU HAVE NO IDEA. What I would give to have Dexter in February!!

8. No One

I dont like that show. I feel like it glorifies a killer.