1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Last Testament of God, A Memoir by God

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Revan, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone needs to take a look at The Last Testament of God, a Memoir by God (with David Javerbaum). It's honestly a hysterical book that exposes the realties of the Bible (please note, remember this is a parody and satire).

Here's an excerpt from the Prologue, in spoiler tag so as to prevent spoilers for anyone else.

"O LORD out God, King of the Universe, here's what I'm thinking.
    Thy previous books have sold an impressive six billion copies;
    They form the basis of three great religions, and five crappy ones;
    They have been translated into 2,453 languages, including that of a fictional race of TV aliens wearing shoe polish;
    They can be found in every synagogue, church, mosque, and Comfort Inn in the world;
    And most importantly, they have done for faith, and ethics, and morality, what The Bartender's Bible hath done for bar tending.
    But lo, it has been nigh on 14 centuries since thy last book--"
    "Forget not The Book of Mormon," I interrupted.
    "Thy last serious book," he continued;

As you see it really is just hysterically amusing. I've laughed 20 times in just the first 5 pages. I honestly say get it. If you have a Kindle you can get it for 10.99, since on Hardcopy (the only version it's in right now) it's $23.99.

But like I said it's up to you, but if you want a good funny book to read, this is the one. :slight_smile: