1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (new one)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Hexagon, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Hexagon

Has anyone else seen it? I came back from watching it a couple of hours ago. Better/worse than the old one? IMO, it was better.

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I thought that it was better too. I just got home from seeing it tonight.

3. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've never seen the old one but the new one is really good.

4. dylangray

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    OH MAN. I love the original a lot, and I'm obsessed with the books. I think the new one is just as good as the original, almost better. Lisbeth is like my favorite character ever, my dream girl honestly :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But yes the remake is outSTANDING I was amazed. I can't wait for the second one, because the 2nd is my favorite book :grin:

5. pancake111

Way better that the Swedish version. I love the series, and I think this movie did way more justice to the book than the swedish one did. This one actually made sense.

6. Paper Heart

I still love both versions, but I do have my own issues with them. However I think that the American version was better overall. Some scenes I'd definitely swap out for the Swedish version. But with such an incredible story its really just wonderful that we have two versions of the novels. Lisbeth has had such an impact on my life since I first read the book. It's because of her that I'm getting my dragon tattoo this summer.

7. stuwee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i was abit dissapointed by the remake, I loved the original and didn't think it needed a redo...but Americans :eusa_doh: have to have it that way. Anyhoo, the soundtrack is brilliant, Trent Renzor is over the top badass (!), and Karen O on the Immigrant Song just blew me away, how many arms did that drummer have??

8. Shevanel

It IS NOT A REMAKE. so.. "but Americans" remark is kinda offensive. It's freakin David Fincher directing, not Michael Bay or some shit. I'm not saying you should like the film, I haven't even seen it myself, you're disappointment in the film is fine. But it is not a remake. It's an adaptation of the original book, which is the source material for both the Fincher film and the Swedish film.

Just like how John Carpenter's The Thing is not a remake of "The Thing from Another World" from the 1950s. They're both adaptations of the source material short story "Who Goes There".

Sorry, I ain't yelling at you. I'm just fed up of people calling things remakes when they're really not. xD

9. MadSeed

MadSeed Guest

I liked both versions a lot, but I think the new one is better.

10. djstcktn326

I might get scared watching it. Lol I'm a scaredy cat.

11. stuwee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shevanel, sorry dude to have got your ire up, it's just semantics, remake, repop, redo...whatever, I'm new here and don't like to make waves, I'm very passive for a topman gay dude, so please except my apology, and I wasn't really dissapointed as much as not seeing the point of having an adaptation of a film that didn't need it, just because we don't speak Swedish here in the US. And again, the soudtrack is just AWESOME :eusa_clap

12. Shevanel

Again, it ain't a big deal, Sorry to make you think I was yelling at you because I certainly wasn't :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: