1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fault in Our Stars /dftba

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by steel03, Jan 16, 2012.

1. steel03

I know there's at least one other nerdfighter here because I saw TFiOS in the Last Book You Read thread, but it's such an incredible novel that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU HERE SHOULD READ that I thought it deserved its own thread. :slight_smile:

And also I get the sense that there are probably nerdfighters here, or at least a lot of potential nerdfighters.

But The Fault in Our Stars.... Seriously.... Five hours after finishing it, I'm still completely overcome by The Fault in Our Stars. What a delicate, funny, and incomprehensibly beautiful story John Green has written here. I don't know when I've been more emotionally invested in a book since Harry Potter. Wow.
    There's also some content in the book that I felt like I could really connect to as a gay person (even though all the characters are straight). Like the feeling of being "other" and having a fundamental difference that sets you apart, for better or for worse.

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw some posts about The Fault In Our Stars here so I started reading Looking For Alaska.
    Almost done with it after a couple hours.
    It will be a while before I can get to TFiOS, but I am looking forward to it.

3. steel03

Good for you! I read all his other books about a year ago. They're so great! You should check out his YouTube page if you aren't already subscribed.

4. Porphyrogenitus

Yeah, I got it this morning and read it straight through. It's odd that I've been a nerdfighter for 2 or 3 years, but had never read one of John's books before. And it was astonishingly good, especially since I rarely like to read anything in that general sort of style, or the same general sort of themes. Let alone YA fiction. But I really enjoyed it, and did get kinda emotionally invested.

My only problem is that my copy wasn't Hanklerfished :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Kanen

It was fantastic. Like many, I read it cover to cover in one sitting, then cried the rest of the night. By far his best book - he surpassed Paper Towns, which I didn't think he could do. It is just... <3333333333

Seriously, read it everyone.