1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Britains Gay Footballers

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by HantsBen, Jan 31, 2012.

1. HantsBen

BBC iPlayer - Britain's Gay Footballers

An interesting programme to watch, I am not sure if anyone from outside of the UK can see it but if you can find a UK proxy I am sure it'll work.

It is interesting to see the different reactions in there and has got me thinking would you come out if you were a professional football player? I can take the odd comment every now and then but I don't think I could have hundreds of fans shouting homophobic abuse. It annoys me nothing is being done to stop it!

2. DJT

DJT Guest

I really enjoyed it. It was so sad :frowning2: But what she was saying was true (spoiler alert!) The football industry needs to change, faster than it's currently doing because it's getting ridiculous!

3. Ben

Ben

I would guess that I'd stay in the closet if I were a footballer until retirement, it seems too messy not to.

I thought the documentary had an okay premise, but the interviews and such were quite shoddy. I was left wishing that there were more grilling questions asked.