1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Rock encourages gay stars to come out.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by djstcktn326, Feb 1, 2012.

1. djstcktn326

Have any of you heard that Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson is encouraging gay stars who are in the closet to come out? That moment I fell in love with him, lol. The Rock is awesome.

2. b0i70y

I haven't heard that, but that's awesome. He just redeemed himself for, "Tooth Fairy." :grin:

3. Beachboi92

I actually had an interesting conversation about this with a friend the other night. And i would understand if it was an openly gay star saying something about it but as a straight person he doesn't really have a great perspective on what it is like to come out and how that effects a persons career.

The way my friend put it was like this

Since they are famous you could say they have a moral obligation to come out to help the cause, create more visibility, provide positive role models, etc, etc. However you have to remember that they are people to and coming out is a very serious and deeply personal thing. It is a huge step to take and requires time for some people. No one should be forced out of the closet before they are ready. How would we feel if someone outed us before we where prepared?

4. person54

Here's an article about that from contactmusic.com

Wrestler-turned-movie star DWAYNE 'THE ROCK' JOHNSON is urging his gay celebrity pals to come clean about their sexuality because he's convinced it will be a career boost for them.

THE SCORPION KING star plays a gay bodyguard in new JOHN TRAVOLTA comedy BE COOL and he claims the role has made him realise that homosexuality is no longer something that needs to be hidden in Hollywood.

He tells gay magazine OUT, "I know a lot of gay actors in Hollywood who don't want to come out, and whatever the reasons are I respect that.

"But I think if people love you now, and if you came out, they would love you more, and if they didn't, then they weren't real people to begin with."

5. GoogieHowser

GoogieHowser Guest

Wooo, not so fast. I saw that. Its gonna take a Mother Teresea-type life of service before he can repay humanity for that abomination