1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antagonist

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by vyvance, Feb 17, 2012.

1. vyvance

Have you ever found yourself liking/"rooting for" the antagonist over the protagonist of a book/game/movie? If so, who and why?

2. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

In Frankenstein, by all means yes. The creation was an intelligent creature abandoned by Victor, who regarded him as an awful monster. He was forced to learn to survive on his own, a child lost in a world where no one would ever accept him. I cannot see how anyone could possibly root for that awful jerk of a doctor. No one would root for a mother abandoning her child. Victor thought his science created a monster, but it was his neglect of the creature that really made the creation so violence prone.

Wow, a year after reading that book again and I'm still furious over it lol.

3. PistolWhip

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh definitely The Jackal from Far Cry 2-- he really tried to turn things around and be the good guy and in the end he switches roles and becomes the good guy all of a sudden. He was pretty awesome, I love those Jackal tapes they were inspiring

4. stephaniko

for some reason I'm always going for the antagonist. Severus Snape has taught me that just because they seem like the bad guy doesnt mean they are :slight_smile: