1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Darker Than Black!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BudderMC, Feb 17, 2012.

1. BudderMC

Anyone watch this amazing anime? I must admit I wasn't much of an anime person (besides Pokemon, which doesn't count for much according to some people), but my friend got me to watch this. Soooooooooo good! I finished the first season, and I intend to watch the rest of it. I wanted to fanboy over the ending but my friend is gone for Reading Week...

So uh yeah... discuss? :grin:

2. Noir

Omg, I love Darker Than Black!! I love the creators for the anime, BONES, in general. I love anything they make! :thumbsup:

3. Fusileer

Fusileer Guest

Yush. Collar bones. :grin:

4. BudderMC

If you mean Hei's collar bones... ahhhh, they're soooooo nice... :icon_wink

I've only got a few episodes left. I almost don't want to watch them because I don't want it to end.

Also, Nika from S2 is adorable. But I guess he isn't really someone in my age range... :rolle:

5. Cloudbreaker

This was a great anime. Definitely one of the better series I have watched. Such an interesting setting.

6. Nero

hmm ill have to give it a go it shall be done

7. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Yes! It is so good!! One of my favorites. And I love "Howling" by the Abingdon Schoolboys, one of the best theme songs I've heard out there. :grin:

8. Pilgrim is hot

hmmm, have to take a look when I get a chance looks like my kind of anime dark and gritty

9. BudderMC

I gotta say that was my least favourite of the OPs/EDs for both seasons (still pretty good though) :frowning2:. I love the whole OST though! Almost enough to actually order it somewhere for the sound quality and stuff, instead of ripping it off of YouTube :grin:

10. Carpe Diem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think it's terrible (plot wise for 1st season).:eusa_doh:

Don't get me wrong.

BONES did an impeccable job with the artwork and special effects. The OP/EDs are amazing too, especially the OP of the second season (Gemini of the meteor). The concept is great too. Love the idea and the central theme of the anime. The plot progression was okay too albeit a bit detached due to filler episodes.The issues discussed in this anime also piqued my interest so it sounds great so far.

However, as the plot thickened, it became too complicated and a bit silly. The whole "other world" thing was interesting at first but when they delved into it further (at the end of the story), it became stupid IMO.

I didn't get the satisfaction I thought I would when I finished watching the first season. I was just perplexed in the end. The mysterious atmosphere that the anime tried to portray backfired (for me) in the last few episodes.

Basically, I liked most of it except the part where the "other world" became the central theme at the end.:dry:

11. BudderMC

^ erm, what 'other world' are you talking about? Unless you mean the Gate, which I don't know if I'd really call a different world, everything is in Tokyo. Or I'm not remembering properly (which is quite possible). I did go back and watch the last 3-4 episodes a couple times to really understand it though.

But yeah, it gets really complicated towards the end. I think that it made me want to watch the show again though, which I'm in the process of doing. You definitely pick up on a lot more little things the second time around that you don't notice the first time. I think my favourite so far is that Hei's apartment number is 201 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Carpe Diem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    @budderMC

Yes! I was referring to the 'Gate'. Sorry, couldn't remember it; it was such a long time already since I watched it. I remember something about a piece of glass that seemed so important in the story (which I felt cheated). A piece of glass/lens? Seriously? Why not a shiny crystal?

Why the interest in Hei's apartment number? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. BudderMC

^ Yeah, I never got why it was a lens instead of something more awesome... but I never really gave it much thought to be honest. It seemed to fit in with the setting well enough I figured.

Oh, and his apartment number is 201, and his Messier code was BK-201. Dunno if it was intentional or not, but I found it funny :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: