1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I thought that I hated Dubstep

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TruffleDude, Feb 26, 2012.

1. TruffleDude

I have been mixing for sometime, and gave up on dubstep for what it has become. But I really like this. The video, set, instrumental, dance, and background dubstep track.

What do you all think?

[YOUTUBE]aHjpOzsQ9YI[/YOUTUBE]

2. BudderMC

Wow. I don't know if I'd really call that dubstep, cause it's mostly violin, but it's epic regardless. Time to go download and creep her other stuff!

This is what I'd call epic dubstep (dubstep through and through). Also 'cause it makes me nerdgasm:

[YOUTUBE]NU75uz0b8EU[/YOUTUBE]

3. colorful

Ahhh! I love Lindsey Stirling! She's amazing, because I mean she's playing the violin and dancing and whatnot simultaneously. I also love all the Zelda-type dubstep. :3 Most Skrillex stuff... eh... not so much.
    I like this:
    [YOUTUBE]Lights - Ellie Goulding (Dubstep Remix) [HD] - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

---------- Post added 26th Feb 2012 at 07:06 PM ----------

Sorry I don't know how to do the video thing.... *technically challenged teen -_-*

4. Harve

How is not dubstep just because it uses a violin?

If people don't know dubstep beyond Rusko and Skrillex shit, then I'd forgive them for hating it. It doesn't have to have wobbles!

[YOUTUBE]3IvoN4YUF4o[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]UgYOcWh8G5E[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]rpNbJWzxoZM[/YOUTUBE]

5. TruffleDude

You almost had it. Just erase the youtube video address up to and including the =

it should look like this: {YOUTUBE}OwF1Xx8Wego{/YOUTUBE}

instead of this: {YOUTUBE}http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwF1Xx8Wego{YouTube /YOUTUBE}

I had to change the brackets from [] to {} for you to see this the way I intended. So leave them as [].

Technically challenged teen? We can't be having that now! Gen Z is supposed to be the epitome of tech savvy.

---------- Post added 26th Feb 2012 at 09:35 PM ----------

Skrillex. lol.

That first video has what I feel like is real soul for dubstep. More focused on low end than mid and high range wobbles. The latter of which has come to dominate American dubstep.

The second video is damn near straight up Dub. King Dubby!

The last one is not my favorite, but I have a lot of those types of tunes, stuff like Geomix and Joker. Cool, but doesn't really move me in the same way.

Funny thing is I like Burial, and El-B, J Da Flex. Garage stuff that lead to dubstep.

[YOUTUBE]1XlcddsYnLM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]QS38JBh5gcw[/YOUTUBE]

I find it hard not to be moved by that Burial track. It's so dark.

---------- Post added 26th Feb 2012 at 09:45 PM ----------

More violin dubstep does exist. I like it because the harder wobbly stuff gives me a headache after an hour or two of mixing. [YOUTUBE]ZftzBu1hTpY[/YOUTUBE]

6. i hated dubstep until i listened to some new-ish sabrepulse

the song arcanine give it a listen :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

not really dubstep but slightly i suppose....

7. sanguine

im not a big fan of dubstep it sounds awful most of the time, although i can stand some like knife party and anything that has more drum and bass than dubstep robotic noises

8. stephaniko

thts pretty awesome

9. TruffleDude

Can you please post a track or two of what you mean?

[edit] oh wait you did write a name already. opps

yea that sounds like dubstep to me. dubstep is based on the beat, not the wobbles or drops. the track you mentioned has a clear 90's trance/rave influence, which i love because that's what I was doing back then.

i used to go to Earthdance when it used to be on hogfarm (the main NorCal event) and heard dubstep there for the first time. I hated it when I got there, loved it by the end of the weekend.

#9 TruffleDude, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  10. BudderMC

Heh, go figure. I thought that dubstep was supposed to be the stuff with the super robotic noises and mega wobbles, and the beat was just background to that; not the other way around. I find this funny 'cause I go around saying how I don't really like dubstep because I don't really like the wobbles and crap. The ones with the good drums and beat is the stuff I DO like.

So, I stand corrected. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And that's precisely why I don't like what I thought dubstep was. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Also, that was pretty sweet. And it's named after a Pokemon, so even better :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#10 BudderMC, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012