1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TEDxTalks - The Power of Vunerability

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by JRNagoya, Mar 7, 2012.

1. JRNagoya

This video was shown the other day at the local gay men's support group. For those not familiar with TEDxTalks, they're short, very powerful and well put together PowerPoint presentations (yes, they do exist) that are put on by professional and charismatic speakers. Topics range from anything to everything. This particular talk is by Brene Brown. Here is the description of the video:

It's twenty minutes long, but I highly recommend it - especially for those who are dealing with issues like insecurity, vulnerability, and learning how to embrace everything you are as a person and individual.

[YOUTUBE]X4Qm9cGRub0[/YOUTUBE]

#1 JRNagoya, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You obviously haven't read enough of my posts where I'm incessantly promoting Brene Brown's work. I almost have the links to the Youtube videos memorized :slight_smile: The above presentation is an excellent introduction to her work, and if one spends time with really understanding what she says, her message can be truly life changing. In addition to the above, she has another excellent one:

[YOUTUBE]_UoMXF73j0c[/YOUTUBE]​

I also highly recommend her book "The Gift of Imperfection." And if you're really hardcore, her DVD, "The Hustle for Worthiness" is excellent as well.

She just a couple days ago gave a presentation for the real Ted event (not the Tedx, which are local events; the Ted event is a collection of the best thinkers in the world coming together to present on what they're doing.) That one should be up on the Ted site hopefully within a couple of months... I can't wait to see it, as she's been doing a lot of new research in the past year and a half :slight_smile:

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "I'm afraid, if I call you a researcher, no one will come, because they'll think you are boring and irrelevant..." ".. you are going to call me a what?..." :lol: Brought some memories back for me.... anyways...

Thanks for posting the videos. A couple of the points that she mentioned resonated with me strongly not only with some of the work that I did and do, but also on a personal level.