1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Degrassi

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by DegrassiLover10, Mar 20, 2012.

1. DegrassiLover10

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey are there any other degrassi fans out there?

2. nicecoolguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You already know how much I love that show. No matter what, I never stop loving it.

3. dairyuu

I love that show. Everyone mocks me for it, but it is my one guilty pleasure.

4. chrisb

I Have watched it since the beginning of Degrassi New Generation, and still watch it today...

I Admit to liking the old characters better, but it's always fun to see what the new cast is getting into and i think it's great they have more LGBT characters now, i secretly wish Marco would return as maybe a Student Counselor or Paige as a teacher...

My favorite new charachter is Allie Bindari, i hope they start putting her into better storylines though...

5. nicecoolguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same! I've also been watching since then. Yeah I definitely liked the older characters more. I thought J.T. and Jimmy were awesome.

More recently my favorite character was Holly J, but Dave is now and I wanna see him in more episodes!

6. secretguyX

I liked the old seasons more, especially with Paige, Marco, and J.T. Even with Holly J, Fiona, and Anya it was better. Now it's alright, but it's not as great.

7. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I liked the old seasons as well, but now I do not watch it anymore....Idk why I stopped watching it.

8. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, you know I do. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I love the old seasons, up until about season 6. I still watch it, but I don't enjoy most of it except there are some characters I like. I adore Fiona, she is so incredibly beautiful and I enjoy her storylines. And then I also really like Adam, and then Eli. Bianca and Ali and Drew are alright, but I don't like the freshmen they just added. It seems every time people graduate and more are introduced the show quality greatly decreases.

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't get me wrong I like the show at times but I concur with chrisb. I want someone back, Marco was there for a short time as he was training to be a teacher and having him back was lovely. I feel that while I know I know they need new characters as more graduate...but I'm getting frustrated as more and more are added...Marisol, Jake, Imogen and Katie...it's just blah. But same time I think I understand cause I'm 24 and grew up with Marco, Paige, Jimmy, Spinner, Jay, Alex, Dylan, JT, Toby, Liberty, Ellie, Manny, Emma, etc. but none the less :S

10. nicecoolguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I totally agree with you guys. Although it was nice of them to at least bring back Paige for a minisode :slight_smile:

11. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I loved when they brought back page for that tiny moment!

I didn't grow up watching Degrassi, in fact I started very late. I think I came in around the 8th season, yet I feel as if I did grow watching it I loved it so much. Still, I watched all of them and I highly prefer seasons 1-6. So, I don't think it's one of those things.

12. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

I love it, but I don't watch as much as usual these days. I used to watch all the time when it was the first crew from TNG and continued to watch with the newbies that came in after them, but now there are newbies coming in after the newbies and I'm losing track of who's where. I'll try to catch up at some point. Instead of it being a show I had to see every week, it's now I show I will tune into when I have time.

13. I watched it when I was in high school. At the beginning of the questioning of sexuality it was somewhat helpful. I haven't watched it in a long, long time.

14. chrisb

What i dislike about it now is i never know how long these new characters are going to be around as soon as i get attached to a new character they disappear, I mean are we ever going to see a character start out a freshman and actually last long enough to graduate and maybe stick around for a little bit?

It's so hard to keep up with them all anymore, and i hate how alot of the episodes don't even feature some of the cast members, it's like there trying to save money by not having every cast member on each episode....

I Wish they had more loyal cast i hate seeing so many leave Degrassi for a US based Television show....