1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/xxxHolic

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Fusileer, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Fusileer

Fusileer Guest

Any fans? These are my favorite mangas of all time. The stories that CLAMP comes up with are always really good and mind-bending. :grin:

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha, I just ordered the last 5 volumes of Tsubasa yesterday. I'll finally be done reading it, but with the way CLAMP writes, I doubt if I will understand completely what happened.

3. Fusileer

Fusileer Guest

Your mind will be tangled after all the revelations lol.

4. Noir

I used to be obsessed with both of those in middle school!!! CLAMP can really write some interesting stories. My sis and I have read the whole thing as of last year!

5. Carpe Diem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    CLAMP's stories usually start out strong, have a decent plot progression, some weird twist, and really odd endings.

Tsubasa is a prime example. I couldn't stomach the climax and ending. It's too much for me. The main goal of the villain is pretty dumb because hasn't he, on many occasions, shown that he had the ability already? Also, the way he referred to the dimensional witch in the beginning of the story sent a complete opposite message of his actual goal. I'll avoid giving any spoilers in order to explain myself.

There are several things that set tsubasa apart from others. The angst, the tears, and lets not forget the most distinctive feature of the manga: the full spectrum of CLAMP's imaginary world that connects every single manga they've ever written. I don't think any author has done that before.

#5 Carpe Diem, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012