1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nathan Lane on the Pro Gay Bandwagon

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Jonathan, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Jonathan

I know it's over a month old...but oh well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Nathan Lane is so amazing and funny :grin:.

And for those of you that don't know, he is poking fun at the One Million Moms, who were offended that JC Penny was quote on quote, "jumping on the Pro Gay Bandwagon," by having an open lesbian represent their company. Nathan Lane is basically poking fun at them by saying that the Pro Gay Bandwagon is "the only way to travel," inferring that being gay isn't a problem. (I completely stole that explanation from a comment...but the person described it so much better than I would have :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

[YOUTUBE]2YNXikPtknM[/YOUTUBE]

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What's funny is that I read an article, probably 10 or 15 years ago, written by a young reporter for some major magazine (don't remember which one) in which he recounted having interviewed Nathan Lane... and decided that he'd make an interesting spin on the article by asking Nathan about being gay, which, he'd noticed, no other interviewer had done.

Well... he asked Nathan a question about being gay, and Nathan stood up and immediately walked out, ending the interview. 15 minutes later, the reporter's editor got a scathing call from Nathan's publicist, saying "How could your reporter not know that Nathan's sexuality is off limits!" (Like anyone would *ever* mistake him for straight.)

How things change.