1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shopping spree: Fashion advice needed!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Carpe Diem, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Carpe Diem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey ECs.

Recently, I've succumbed to the fashion industry and decided to go on an online spree. I've bought two Ed Hardy & Smet tees, a cap, Henleys Mens hoodie, a few more shirts (which I can't seem to recall the brand, it was an asian brand.), a knit sweater and a cardigan for my sis (I'm such a good bro lol).:grin:

Contemplating on getting a Affliction Cooper bootcut mens jeans. How much do you think is worth spending on a pair of jeans?

To aussies (especially those in sydney), any recommendation for a cheap pair of jeans? I rather go to a shop and try the jeans on instead of buying online.

I was also looking for a denim jacket to prepare for autumn/winter. Now it's still too hot here. When I have the time (a few days from now), I'll post a few pics of the stuff I wanted to buy but am not sure. Need your fashion advice!:grin:

You will be expecting a series of posts in this thread from me (asking for advice with pic provided).

I also saw a few armani tee amongst other brands but I did not buy them because they usually plaster the brand in HUGE fonts on the tee itself. Feel kinda weird wearing it because it screams "I'm a brand monger!". Do you think my fear is unfounded?:icon_sad:

Cheerio,
    Carpe Diem

2. Carpe Diem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm about to close the deal for this denim jacket (Industrie Mens). It's second hand, and it's on sale for $30. Do you think I should get it?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. stupidIvan

If you've got the threads to match it (I've always been a big fan of free light button-ups on T-shirts underneath denim jackets like that), then go for it! I can see some light khakis with that (although I am khaki oblivious, I wouldn't know a good place to get them if it kicked me in the butt!), but remember: denim on denim is really never a good idea (at least to me!)!

Oh, and don't worry about being brand-happy: Brands are awesome, they make a statement to me (and not a negative one). I love my Hollister hoodie with the brand embroided on the side, and I love my Kaught Looking shirts!

Post away, I totally look forward to seeing your taste in clothing!

4. Loras

ow please dont get boot cut jeans, and i kinda think denim jackets should stay in the 90's. So your from australia when i was there a few weeks ago alot of guys were wearing black skinny/stretchy jeans rolled up at the ankles. umm coloured chinos are in at the moment once again rolled up at the ankles, and maroon cloured jeans were a big thing a little while ago in melbourne.

5. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm with Loras on the denim jacket subject. Denim jackets is one of the things that no one should ever buy these days, and if you do own one, never match it with a pair of jeans. Maybe they could go well with a pair of chinos and a white tee. And also, don't buy more Ed Hardy clothes, they are so tacky and they are made for douchebags. I hope I don't offend you, that's not what I mean to do. I just wanted to give you some advice and help you, sort of.

6. Loras

I just had a look at that ed hardy website, im defo not a fan!! exspecially for anybody thats out of highschool.

7. stupidIvan

Aww, I like denim jackets. I think if implemented properly into an outfit, they can look ruggedly snazzy (despite being outdated)!

I have to agree with Loras though, I have never been a fan of Ed Hardy: the pieces often scream "I'M A TOOL!". I know that's mean but..

Hmm.. Rolled up chinos? Is that really a cool thing in Australia?

8. alstony

Interesting and great discussion on Fashion advice needed... But this time i have not any Idea for solve your problem... :frowning2: