1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

have u lot watched any funny shows??

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by hakeem_uk, Jun 26, 2006.

1. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

am just wondering because i stopped watching tv but just wanted to know if theres been any funnys things on it so far.:eusa_danc

so any funny shows???

2. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    for currently running shows i watch: simpsons, family guy, desperate housewives (theres some drama but its really mostly funny), the office (american version...sorry!), malcolm in the middle, and arrested development (tho i dont know if the latter 2 r still running...imdb says they r but i thought they were cancelled...)

for syndicated shows: will and grace, friends, old star trek (its not really supposed to b funny but the terrible graphics and acting make me laugh :icon_bigg), and monty python (tho i dont know if it actually runs on tv nemore...i just have some of the dvds...including a few of their movies)

i dunno how many of these u get in the uk but the ones u do get u should try seeing sometime...theyr pretty good.

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I haven't watched any TV for ages. Our telly is not connected to an aerial or dish, and we don't have a TV license.

So I don't know what you've missed - probably not much! :slight_smile:

4. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

ok the shows i last watched was simpsons, desperate housewives malcolm in the middle i love them all lol:slight_smile:

5. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

some friends i kow dont watch tv and they dont have a tv license too

6. suburbs_of_sodom

tv license? wow, so in the uk u need a license to watch tv? thats just craziness!! :icon_bigg

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree. It's about £150 per year I think (that would be about US $250 I guess).

The money funds the BBC. At least as a result there are no commercials on the BBC, but with so many trailers for their other shows and channels they waste just as much time on non-programme airtime.

8. suburbs_of_sodom

oh, well that kinda makes sense...i like BBC, theyr a lot more global than any of the news channels here in the states...but still, thats a lot of money to pay for "free" tv.

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I trust BBC News more than any other news provider. Of course without a telly license I get that for free on BBC radio stations and at http://news.bbc.co.uk :slight_smile:

I have seen USA news channels (CNN, ABC, Fox) when I was there on business a few years ago, and it seems that the world begins and ends in the USA unless some major disaster occurs or the US preseident is visiting somewhere outside the US.

10. suburbs_of_sodom

yeah, that's probably why the world hates us...we're self-absorbed, self-righteous bastards (or, at the very least, the current administration is) yet i still get annoyed when people criticize us...interesting...

11. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

really tv when they show something funny its always about gay people dont u think?

12. reecematthew

the only show i really think is funny is so you think you can dance its really good but i love seeing the people mess up but eh i can be mean sometimes just check into it

13. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

sounds funny
    anyone here love simspsons or chamed?

14. reecematthew

whoooowhoooooo biggest charmed fan out there right here

15. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

wow i want to buy them all on dvd at some point lol:wink:

16. reecematthew

i have every episode on cds but i do have the books and game and stuff and binders and trading cards haha dont judge me i do that myself lol yeah but i buy them when they come out but yes theyre worth it haha

17. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah that sounds about right... Canadian news is better but probably only slightly so. We're certainly less "USA rah, USA rah!"

18. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always thought Charmed was awful. Well, not as awful as 7th Heaven, but close. It had the potential to be such a great show and it always was so ludicrously childish. In fact, I remember Shannen Doherty saying when she left the show that she didn't feel like wasting her talent on 12-year-olds and I totally understood what she meant. They really wrote down to their audience, wrapped everything up neatly in little bow at the end... pablum.

I watch a lot of TV shows but in terms of funny ones, I occasionally watch American Dad and the Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

19. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry... it's how you were raised. Americans are pretty much brainwashed from birth about how wonderful and awesome America is. Not that most people growing up in most countries don't get some degree of that; it's just particularly bad in America. National self-reflection is pretty much considered unpatriotic. And heaven forfend an American is unpatriotic... that must mean they're a terrorist!

There's this great banner across the top of the City Lights bookstore in San Francisco, put up shortly after 9/11, that reads: Dissent is not unAmerican

20. suburbs_of_sodom

yeah, i mean i know europe is awesome and canada is downright sexy and america is conceited and self absorbed, but we still have more guns and more money than evryone else. and as we all know, money does buy happiness...especially when its used on shoes (which r usually designed in france/italy/some other rockin european country and made by 12yr old blind vietnamese girls in chinese sweatshops but w/e).