1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Celebrity sightings

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by joeyconnick, Jan 5, 2008.

1. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay I would normally not start a thread like this but the whole "do you like Smallville" thread got me thinking.

So... I live in Vancouver and TONS of stuff films here, yet still I've had relatively few celebrity sightings. But here are the ones that have happened:

--I was in a restaurant when David Duchovny came in to pick up take-out. This is while X-Files was still filming in Vancouver. Anyway, he was my first celebrity sighting and of course I acted EXACTLY as I had always hoped not to: I was so shocked I turned to my friend and said, really loudly, much more loudly than I really wanted to, "Oh my god, that's David Duchovny!"

*cringe*

Anyway, if he heard my exclamation, he just ignored me and left with his food.

Then I saw Richard Dean Anderson at the Vancouver Airport flying to LA when he was still filming Stargate: SG-1 up here.

I sat one seat away from Famke Janssen (Jean Grey in the X-Men films) when she was watching Bowling For Columbine. It took ALL my willpower not to say something to her; I figured she'd probably rather just watch the movie with her friend. But gods it was HARD not to gush, "Oh my gods I've loved you since Star Trek: TNG and I just ADORE you as Jean Grey and blub-blub-blub..." *incoherent fan rambling*

What was really weird was before the movie, a trailer came on for a movie that she was actually IN and it some stupid Chris Rock movie, I think... hang on... oh no, it was the stupid Eddie Murphy "I Spy" film. Anyway, I so wanted to lean over and say, "I'm pretty sure the only redeeming part of that movie is that you're in it." And then say nothing more. I figured that would be classy and complimentary at the same time. But yeah, I didn't.

Let's see... Alan Cumming (Nightcrawler in X2) in the washroom at a club here in town. He's REALLY short. Actually I think I've seen him in clubs twice.

Ian McKellen smashed out of his mind at one of the local gay bars... that was kinda interesting.

John Glover (Lionel on Smallville): just passed him on the street.

I think that's the major ones. Sadly I've never run into Grace Park or Jamie Bamber from Battlestar Galactica but they shoot mainly in studios or way outside the city. Well except the Downtown Eastside was nuked New Caprica all of first season. Although really I want to meet Mary McDonnell because I'd be a lesbian for her.

2. Nicknikko

I saw Paris Hilton when I went to California. She was driving her amazing car... a;dlfkjal;d she had just gotten out of a boutique..

and i saw

Jonny Dep however you spell it in Charles de Gaulle airport.. but he was like farr farr away..

so ya >< lol

3. Katness

If I was one seat away from Famke Jannsen I wouldn't say anything. But I would hemorrhage in my pants. As I have found her extremely sexy ever since Goldeneye.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well we don't get many celebrity sightings in my hometown. However, my daughter used to work at a sandwich shop. One day the Olsen twins stopped in to get a sandwich. This just doesn't happen in my town. It even made the newspaper. They were travelling through after being somewhere in Eastern Oregon visiting some family. This was very exciting for her because they are the same age as her and she grew up watching them on Full House.

I recently had a celebrity sighting but you guys will probably have no idea who it is because my own kids didn't. Maybe Paul will? I was walking out of the restroom at a hotel by Disneyland this past summer. I heard a very familiar voice, looked up and it was Dick Van Patten from Eight is Enough fame back in the 70's. He played the Dad. I loved that show!

Then several years back, I went to see my favorite guy Garth Brooks on tour. We got there kind of early so we were driving around. We cruised around a hotel and saw some tour busses. We spotted country music star, Martina McBride, coming out of the hotel with her hair in rollers and dogs on leashes. Then later, when we got to the stadium where the concert was held, we decided to walk around back. We saw all these people with nametags hanging out for something. We figured they must have got some kind of backstage pass or something. We kind of just blended in hoping to get to see Garth. Anyway, we didn't see Garth, but Martina came out. She was opening for him at that time. We met her and I took pictures of our husbands with her. What the heck was I thinking? Why didn't I get my picture taken with her?

5. JSG

JSG Guest

Ive seen David Guetta twice, saw Vincent McDoom in his car with his then boyfriend, crossed Pierre Palmade in the street, met Dominique Chapatte in the Salon de l'Auto. Oh, spent half a day with Steve Vai. So yeah mostly French celebritys. And Michael Angelo Batio too, knew I forgot someone.

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is someone named "Vincent McDoom?" How... unfortunate! :slight_smile:

7. AJ92

Out Status:
    A few people
    it probably sounds "redneckish" but where i live i see nascar drivers out almost every day...dale jr., kasey kane...

8. MusicIsMyBoyfriend

On the secod day of my exchange trip to new york i saw Ashley Tisdale in the mall we were shopping in and i was really excited lol

9. pressured

some place in Montana that isn't even on the map
    on the plane home from Texas i saw this guy that looked like Samul L Jackson he had that red barette hat or something idk if it was him or not but when i saw him i was O.O SNAKES ON A PLANE and i giggled the whole plane ride and i was getting parinoid cause in a seat behind me there were these typical tourist people and i thought i was going to be in a movie type ordeal yeah my mind is strange

10. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

No way! Sir Ian McKellen? How cool is that.

There seems to be a pattern here, you should check your pockets for a gay celebrity magnet. LOL.

I've seen Mary Walsh.. but she hardly friggin' counts, no one knows her ass outside Newfoundland.:dry:

11. Reyka

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw Quentin Tarantino in a movie theater in Reykjavik last year. I shook his hand and had a short conversation with him, it was great.

Jónsi, the lead singer of SigurRós (if you know that band?), is always hanging out at the largest gay-bar in Reykjavík, I've often talked to him when drunk:slight_smile:. He's a totally nice guy.

12. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was pretty cool... not that I talked to him but I was standing REALLY close.

Oh he's gay? That explains why he's so cool, then.

Of course Alan Cumming is bi, so maybe that says something about David Duchovny, Famke Janssen, and Richard Dean Anderson. :lol:

13. Katness

Speaking of David Duchovny, did you ever see his interview on Rove where Rove asked him his famous 20 questions? One of which was "who would you turn gay for" to which Duchovny merely replied "What do you mean turn?".

14. Ty

Ty Guest

I've bumped into Madonna on Oxford street in London... Rude bitch didn't even apologize :lol:

And omg omg omg I saw Emma Wattson (Hermione Granger) In my town on the day of st giles fair!!! I was with my friends and she walked past with who i assume was her boyfriend and i suddenly out of impulse shouted *OMG OMG OMG HERMIONE!!!!!!!!"*

I swear i had never gotten such a dirty look before haha she looked at me and just said piss off and continued to walk down cornmarket street followed by all these kids, its not everyday you see a harry potter film star! But she lives in oxford, so i guess its not that uncommon to see her, heck my friend mat thews brother is good friends with her.

Ah yeah, and ive seen wheatus live and calvin harris live, do they count?

/Ty

15. JSG

JSG Guest

Yeah, it is, but people don't know that in France.
    He's a very famous transvestite with an American accent and he has the most gorgeous legs !! Women would kill for them.

16. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    HA! That's so cool... I think I'd probably like David Duchovny if I ever got a chance to talk to him but don't tell him: I'd rather have seen Gillian Anderson! :slight_smile:

17. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

We say S Club 7 when we were on holiday in Sitges, south Spain in 2001. They were filming for a video or TV series.

[​IMG]

The photos were on a film camera with no zoom from some distance, and scanned at fairly high resolution. I don't know where the originals are, so probably only have these scans.

18. wickedboi

dont know if many of you guys know her but I met Idina Menzel many times.
    Ooh and Kathy Griffin (She is hysterical)

19. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Idina was the fiancée of Patrick Dempsey's character in Enchanted, right? She's from Wicked on Broadway and she didn't have a singing role in Enchanted so there were all these articles about that when the movie came out.

Or I could be totally wrong.

#19 joeyconnick, Jan 6, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  20. Hollywood

i brushed elbows with chad michael murray when i was an extra on one tree hill xD

of course, sophia bush and all them were there too.