1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Anyone a Big Fan of Film Scores?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ThatCoopKid, Apr 13, 2012.

1. ThatCoopKid

Personally, I'm a MASSIVE score fan, to films, video games, tv shows, etc. A good third of my music is from scores, and I was wondering if anyone else enjoyed them as much as I did, as well as some of your favorite composers if you do.

2. kellymporta

Yeah, I like a lot of film scores. I think I like them because I have always liked orchestral music. Personally I love the music from Gladiator and most scores composed by John Williams.

Edit: I also like very much the music from Back to the Future, but I don't think that was John Williams.

3. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't really go out of my way to listen to them most times, but they can be really nice, worth being performed as solo works. I like Bernard Hermann and John Williams. Some of the most famous 20th century composers wrote for film, like Aaron Copland, Sergei Prokofiev, Dmitri Shostakovitch, Arnold Schoenberg and so on.

4. Just Passing

Scores for any medium, whether it's for film, television shows, games or otherwise are usually fantastic. I don't buy many, but I do enjoy listening to various soundtracks that get you totally immersed into the film's atmosphere and listening to them separately from the original product allows an opportunity to appreciate it a lot more.

I've kind of got addicted to the score from Once Upon a Time in America. Amazing how one simple melody can be re-used so much, yet it always conveys a different emotion each and every time. Utterly memorable.

5. Dominoflare

Dominoflare Guest

6. ThatCoopKid

I LOVE Danny Elfman. He's composed some of my favorite movies, and he always brings something new to the table. I also happen to love trailer and game scores as well. Two Steps From Hell is my favorite trailer composers, while my favorite game score is Alan Wake by Petri Alanko.

7. Pain

Pain Guest

Yeah, I really like film scores. They really bring out the emotion to scenes and they're fun to play too! Does anyone else find them slightly more difficult than other music, in terms of playability? I don't know why, but I've had that issue...

8. Level75

I'd put my iPod at around 95% film and video game scores. Movie-wise, I'm a James Horner and Joe Hisaishi kind of person. So, for movies, I'm mostly for orchestral scores.

James Horner- "Casper's Lullaby"

Video game-wise, it's a little more eclectic...ok, a lot more eclectic.

"Terminal Velocity Act 1" from Sonic Colors
    "Calling" from The World Ends with You
    "Angelic Land" from Dragon Quest IX