1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dan Savage

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by nicecoolguy, Apr 17, 2012.

1. nicecoolguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I've recently heard about this guy named Dan Savage who visits college campuses all around the country, answering questions that students have about sex, sexuality, and relationships. He also has a new show about it on MTV called Savage U. He's so awesome and really good. I spent like all of this morning just watching all of the videos and I feel SO informed. Anyone else know about this guy? If not, you might wanna check out some of his videos on YouTube.

2. Maialuna

If you look up the definition of Santorum... He did that. I kind of think it's great. XD

3. Mogget

I'm in the minority, but I don't like Savage. He's sexist (his comments on the disgustingness of the vagina are really not acceptable for someone who gives advice to straight people and lesbians), fatphobic, occasionally racist, his comments on bi men are reprehensible, tends towards transphobia, and I could go on. He also refuses to admit when he's wrong. His response to being told why using "retarded" is offensive was to create the word "leotarded" IOW, he knows it's offensive and doesn't care, and probably thinks it's funny that people are hurt by it. It wouldn't be so bad if he weren't the most famous person giving sex advice in the country, and even that wouldn't be so bad if he weren't the unofficial spokesgay of the entire LGBT community.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He came to my university. He was hysterical, except for claiming himself that homosexuals couldn't be monogamous, saying of couples, gay men are at the bottom for monogamy, then straight, then lesbians. And how his relationship with his husband is "open just a crack". I think he's a great guy for doing the It Gets Better project and such...but I just don't like those words he said.

5. MusicMan12

He came to my campus too. He has some good things to say. But then he says a whole lot of stuff that isn't so great. So overall, I don't really like him. I'm pretty sure one of the only really good things he's done is the It Gets Better Project

6. Allecto

Yeah, I agree. "Santorum" was funny, but he's a toolio.

7. Mogget

Actually, "santorum" was really, really sick. There are people with the last name "Santorum" besides Rick Santorum. Many of them may not agree at all with Rick Santorum's policies. Others are children. And if you think middle schoolers aren't going to humiliate classmates with the last name Santorum now, well.... I think the way it was best put is this, "It gets better, if you legally change your last name." Most people named Santorum do not deserve to be associated with a mixture of fecal matter and semen.

8. aeva

I used to listen to all of his podcasts obsessively during high school, and I have to admit I learned a lot. Then I started hearing more and more about his sexism and biphobia. He's said a lot of things I really don't agree with recently, so I've stopped listening...