1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was the Last Movie you Watched?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by donkeyz12212, Jan 5, 2008.

1. donkeyz12212

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm a movie fanatic so I found it might be cool to perhaps let everyone know what movie you last watched and whether you recommend it or not.

I'll begin

No Country for Old Men (2007)

- 4 out of 5 stars for me. Magnificient storyline and great acting overall. The cinematography is beautiful (Roger Deakins who also did Shawshank Redemption). It was an amazing film and I think everyone should go see it, considering it's an Oscar Frontrunner at the moment.

2. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

I Am Legend (2007)

I rather liked it. Although the scientific miracle cure = unoriginal.
    Been done so many times it gets a bit repetitive, i mean, we get it. Be cautious of the authority of science. :rolleyes:

3.5 out of 5 overall.
    The .5 because i like Will Smith's performance and 3 for the plot.

3. wantout16

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Alien vs. Predator (2004)

I don't know why this film has a bad rep. Currently, this is one of my favorite movies.:thumbsup:

4. ohioboy

Junno funny funny movie

5. sdc91

I saw Sweeney Todd on New Year's Day.

Meat pies, anyone?

6. InaRut

YOU SAW NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN? I'm so jealous.....:'(

My newest movie...
    National Treasure 2
    Lame...2 out of 5 for me. Although it had a somewhat interesting story line, all other fields such as acting, dialogue, indvidualism and cinematography failed. And as a kid flick it offers little of what regular movie viewers would call action. The logic of some of the clues also leave you thinking, "What? How come no one else noticed that?" Also how you can have a gun fight in the streets of London with out alerting the authorties...is beyond me. Maybe the Brits are just that nice. And how does it rank up to the first national trasure? Well..kinda the exact same thing...Xept this time it's set up for a sequel. Yea!

Edit: And one last thing, I am Legend...is anyone else upset about using cheap looking CGI over actual costume and makeup. *Sigh* what ever makes the director more money.

7. tiptoerainbows

American Graffiti (1973)

I enjoyed it, I love random old movies. All set in one night, which made it easy to follow hah.

8. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good Burger Kicks ass!

9. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    I just saw Juno, which was super funny and sweet and cute and I loved it. It was so refreshing to see a comedy that didn't rely on vulgarity or over-the-top characters for it's humor, but was instead cleverly written and had realistic characters with realistic relationships. I would give it a 4.5 out of 5, just because they had a lot of "teen slang," which was different and fun, but I wasn't quite sure what they were doing with it, since I've never heard anyone talk that way. However, I think this film did for the 2000s what Clueless did for the 1990s: it perfectly exemplified youth culture of the decade.

10. OneHatMadder

I just watched Birth. Nicole Kidman. It's actually quite good!

11. wantout16

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Last theatrical movie: National Treasure: Book of Secrets. Great Movie!

12. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

In the cinemas: Juno
    I really want to see Sweeney Todd.

As for home movie: A Walk To Remember (it still makes me cry)
    I hate how Nicholas Sparks (the author of the only romance books I read) always seems to just kill off the loved ones.

13. InaRut

14. WilbersRevenge

I just saw Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. It was pretty good. The plot twisted, but in the way you expected it to twist; and it had the repetitiveness of the bad guy only being bad to save someone he loves, gets screwed over because a "good guy" was bad, then sees someone else's love get mortally wounded and sacrifices himself. It sounds like a lot more than it is. Most of the effects were good, though a couple weren't and the acting was pretty good. Overall, a 6/5. 3 for the movie itself and 3 for Chris Evans (he had a shirtless scene- soo hott).

15. Agreed.

Juno was basically amazing, IMHO.

16. lostinthought9

the last movie i saw in theatres was alvin and the chipmunks----was freakin' A!!! lol i loved it (i'm still a kid inside lol)

and i just recently bought Resident Evil and Resident Evil:Apocalpyse combo and its pretty good, so yea, now im gonna have to go buy Resident Evil: Extinction, cuz now im hooked....

17. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

Resident Evil rocked.
    One of my favorite moment in RE:Extinction was when Alice saved Carlos from the crows with the fire using her telepathic ability :slight_smile:

18. lostinthought9

i wanna see resident evil extinction so bad, btw can you explain how she has telepathic powers----oh and btw i was trying to include Gunstarre's reply---hope it works (new to all of this lol)

19. step49x

At the theatre/cinema: Shrek 3 this summer (yeah, i don't really go, that often...)
    At home: High School Musical (my mom had rented it, and i hadn't seen it, yet) I thought it was really corny, but not as terrible as some people made it out to be. Although, it was a tad annoying to see the spots where the commercial breaks originally were (there were no commercials, just the fade outs/ins).

20. donkeyz12212

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It worked Lostinthought :slight_smile:.

In regards to the film Juno, I am jealous of all those who have seen it. The critics haved raved on and on about the movie and it definitely looks promising to me as a film.

One question to those who seen it however. Critics have declared the movie "This year's Little Miss Sunshine." I for one did not really like Little Miss Sunshine very much so if you saw both Juno and LMS, what did you make of it and how did it compare?