1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game of Thrones season 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by simon94, Apr 19, 2012.

1. simon94

Anyone else watching?

2. Loras

I love this program sooo much!! cant wait to see the dragons grow up

3. I am watching. All caught up at the moment and can't wait til sunday :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Daenerys Targaryan...so hot...

4. yeahyeah

yeahyeah Guest

I'm watching it. Today we saw an episode in class :B

5. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

*Spoiler Alert*

YES!!! I love you, I love you, I love you for making this forum! Yes, I have been watching and I love every minute of it. This Sunday coming up Daenerys is getting some airtime so I'm so psyched to see what more is going on with her. I love her Dragons, I love that she's still a very grown strong lead and is still very much into the Dothraki culture and the people. She's amazing.

I'm loving the Arya story line, I just wish she could have been on the run longer. Jon Snow is still doing his rebel thing and I just love him for it. It was nice to see Samwell have a cute little timid romance thing with that one daughter-wife.

I'm so curious about what that guy who lives beyond the wall with all his daughter-wives is doing with those boys, or better yet I know he's giving them to those creatures, but I curious to know what they are doing with the boys. My first thought was eating them, but my second thought was maybe...turning them? If that's something they can do, who knows at this point.

Stannis Baratheon and the Fire Lady are on my radar. Not really sure what this new lady's deal is, but I have feeling she's going to be a force to reckon with. Oh and shout out to the gay Baratheon brother (can't remember his name either)! His wife (who played crazy ass Anne Boleyn on "The Turdors") is so cool. I actually really like those two even though I just met them as a couple. Gay Baratheon's relationship with his wife's brother is about to take a turn for the bad I think. Oh and this Viking lady who beat Gay Baratheon's lover's ass in that fight...yeah, don't know who she is, but I like her I think.

Poor Rob's "friend" (can never remember his name) Salt and Iron boy (we call him that at home) he's going through some identity shit and I just know it's gonna end the...what I think was a forced or bought friendship between him and Rob in the first place.

Tyrion has been awesome since the start of this season and the last so I have nothing but praise for him. He's so clever. I love how he went about finding his sister's spy. Oh and I LOVE Shay! "I'm Shay the funny whore." One of the best quotes in the world. :lol: I say it all the time.

So far all the stories are off to a really great start, I'm all there with them. Not much has happened yet, the show's just teetering around the big shit storms to come, so I'm really just holding out for those. Nice to see everyone again and some new faces. I have a feeling this season is going to be amazing. They roped me in with the first season and then blew my freaking brains out the first ep of the 2nd seaon with that montage of all those bastards of Robert Baratheon being killed at the end, so I have just been going Game of Thrones crazy! My anticipation for the shit to come is just at a high right now.

Very great show and I can't wait for them to wow me some more. :grin:

6. Emma of Winter

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I love this show too. Having read the book series, I'll refrain from any spoilers out of respect for my fellow posters. Spoilers are a pet-peeve of mine, so I know how it feels. But I can still say I can't wait to see how things go down this season. It should be amazing.

7. simon94

Having read Clash of Kings, I already know where this series is going, and I have to say there are some REALLY interesting things coming up in the next few weeks.

I'm so impressed at how the show manages to stay true to the books while expanding in it's own way- Loras and Renly are only very very faintly hinted at at being together, and I think it's very brave of the show to try and turn the subtext into an important part of these characters stories. And Margery looks like she's going to be a much more interesting character than in the books, and the actress playing her is really good.

So far this series has been great- the casting has been pretty spot on to how the characters are described in the books (with a couple of exceptions *cough*Asha/Yara).

Bring on the next episode :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Eddard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Finished reading "A Clash of Kings" just before the season started! Definitely love the story, and the show does a pretty decent job of adaptation! :slight_smile:

9. Jonathan

I've read all the books and have seen every episode of the show so far. This is definitely one of my favorite series and I think the show has been doing it really good justice to it thus far.

Willowmaiden:

Gay Baratheon = Renly
    Fire Lady = Melisandre
    Gay Baratheon's Wife = Margaery Tyrell
    Salt and Iron Boy = Theon Greyjoy
    :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. sguyc

Ya its great, read the books, love both series.
    As long as the show gets to that one part in the series that had me crying a little I will be totally satisfied.

11. Eddard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Does anyone have a particular favourite character/preferred storyline (which might even differ from books to TV)?

There are a lot of characters that I like, but right now I'm leaning towards Tyrion. Despite his promiscuity, etc., he happens to be one of the more principled characters beneath the surface, so far as I can tell. And he's hilarious!

12. Emma of Winter

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I absolutely love everything with the Greyjoys, which might put me in the minority. I know a lot of readers hated those chapters but I find their culture and way of life interesting. And the show did not disappoint in introducing them properly. "The iron price vs the gold price" was explained brilliantly, and I loved Alfie Allen's acting when he realized he fucked up dressing like he did to impress his father. So great!

I will avoid saying which character is my all-time favorite in the book series because it could spoil for viewers watching the show that he/she is still alive. And that's part of the fun, not knowing who will die next and when!

The last episode had me squeeing like a giddy schoolgirl. Harrenhal looked amazing and the shadow birthing scene at the end did not disappoint either. It was super creepy and frightening, even more so than I remembered from the book.

13. simon94

So glad this topic didn't die :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Harrenhal isn't at all how I imagined it- about a million times creepier- just another example of the production team going above and beyond. I'm glad they've condenced Aryas storyline somewhat- while it was interesting, the way the Tv show presents it is alot more to the point.

I'm so glad they finally replaced Vaes Dothrak with Quarth in the opening scene. It was a small thing but it really got under my skin after a while (especially since they were only in Vaes D for one or two episodes).

I can't wait for some of the interesting secondary characters to be introduced (can't really name names due to spoilers).

Also anyone else cringe at Joffreys journey of sexual discovery?

14. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Joffrey's sexual discovery scares me. I have a theory that he's just some impudent incest off spring that "gets off" mentally by torching people. Either that or he's just a down right sexual sadist. During that scene with the two whores, I was so scared for them.

Jonathan:

Thank you! Jeez, I'm so bad with names. Oddly enough, nicknames are second nature. lol :slight_smile: Also, love your Psych signature!! One of my favorite shows! <3

15. Emma of Winter

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think King Joffery got more of a kick from torturing his uncle Tyrion's whores than any actual sexual gratification. Once he heard Tyrion had picked those two himself, that's when you see the the gears go off in his head (by the expression on his face) that he decided to damage them to send a message. Remember, Tyrion ruined his "fun" with Sansa in the throne room earlier so revenge was definitely on his mind. I think if the whores were a gift from his kingsguard, they probably wouldn't have suffered . . . as much.:icon_sad:

16. Catkin

I love this series. Amazing casting, really cool scenery and very very spooky. I'm really jealous of everyone who's watching the second series though - I don't have access to a tv any more.:icon_sad:
    I'd have to pick Arya there, although Daenerys is a close second.

17. Valyrian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the series..and really hate waiting 1 week between the episodes but oh well, c'est la vie :grin:

18. Eddard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's the impression I got, too. He just seems to be cruel in general. It seems to typify most of the Lannister culture, actually.

The scene where Tyrion put Joffrey and Ser Meryn in place was actually really moving. Love that sort of thing! I could watch it over and over again.

[YOUTUBE]GoT 2x04 - Joffrey punishes Sansa for Robb's victories - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

Gotta say, though, it was a little bit awkward watching Renly and Loras go at it, since I watch it with my parents, and I just told them about myself about a week ago! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#18 Eddard, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  19. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Daenerys is my definite favorite. I'll be glad when she finally crosses the Narrow Sea and joins the fight with the rest of the characters. It's taking forever, but I think it's getting close! :grin: Arya is my 2nd favorite, close second too. I love that little girl, she's so badass! Now that she's Tywin's cup barer and she's got some Johnny Depp-esque guy with a white streak in his hair killing people for her, I can't wait to see where her story goes.

20. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't started this season yet, but I think that this is a super smart series on gender stuffs. (Also, random, omg Daenerys so attractive. Wow.) At least at the end of the first season, I am so glad that she gets some empowerment after getting the most raw deal ever. (Also, very happy about what happened to a certain person who *ahem* put her in this position in the first place.)

The only thing I find kind of hard is how it seems like my favorite characters either die or suffer really really badly. I am not even sure I want to know what happens to poor Aria...