1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"macho" lgbt book

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Nintenfreak92, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Nintenfreak92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Now I don't intend for this to offend anyone, but I am looking for a book to read over the next couple days (I'm a fast reader lol). Im actually looking for an lgbt novel. I recently read the book "the year of ice" by Brian Malloy, and LOVED IT! Now one of the big things with lgbt novels, is that I truly need to connect with the character before I can truly enjoy it, so characters that are overly feminine and love dance and basically what modern media has turned the stereotypical "gay" man into. I know there are people who are like that but I truly can't connect to a character in a book like that, I like stories of the closeted football jock coming to terms and finding love... Or something like that. Also if there is one that is more aimed towards adults rather than young adults (like I'm okay with drugs, sex, swearing rock n roll lol). But I do enjoy a young adult novel every now and then too.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

2. qboy

Two that I really liked recently are "The Painting of Porcupine City: A Novel" by Ben Monopoli - neither character is what I'd consider massively macho, but then again neither are stereotypically "gay" either. http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Painting-Porcupine-City-ebook/dp/B005K159H8

Tigers and Devils by Sean Kennedy is about a closeted Aussie Rules Football jock coming to terms and finding love (or rather finding love then coming to terms). Tigers and Devils eBook: Sean Kennedy: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

Both of these managed to drag me into them and I read them within 24 hours start to finish!

3. Dalmatian

Oh, oh, I second Nintenfreak92's post :grin:

4. Nintenfreak92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Tigers and devils sounds really good, say there isn't an ebook of it, but I definitely am going to look for it at the boon store and if I can't, I'm def going to order it :slight_smile:

Oh also, Dalmation, I would definitely recommend the year of ice, the main characters homosexuality isn't really the focus of the book, but it definitely plays a part. It was honestly the best boom I have read in a while, really dark humor. I would definitely recommend it to anyone I know :slight_smile:

5. Dalmatian

Thanks, I'll check it out.

6. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know of any so far, but you can read mine though.

Ok sorry guys... a bit of selfless promotion

If I could post my figment account here, you could read my novel, It's a sci/fi fantasy, and there is huge lgbt relationships going on there. Though the sexual scenes is a little explicit and it's not finished, you could look for it on there. The novel is called Chronicles of Heavensphere if you want to look it up. The first book is called The Twins is about 5 chapters long - still busy writing on that one, but you can read the first five chapters, there is so far only one sexual scene, but no love relationship yet. The second book called The new king is like 12 chapters (also still busy), and there is such a cute couple who meet and find out they were kinda destined to be together.

If you find it, and read it, let me know what you think.

7. Vivi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Those two sound pretty good qboy, i think i might check them out.

8. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh by the way, there is a small little part of the second book, where the two characters meet in a thread here called novels!