1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Songs concerning Transsexualism

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Jo A, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Jo A

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

There's many in this category; some are a little ambiguous and could be about either cross-dressing or transsexualism; it often depends on who you are and your perspective. I could probably put together a full compilation CD of transgender-related songs; I've acquired a fair collection... :slight_smile:

One fairly recent one stands out; some reviewers seem confused about it; for me though, the subject is a TS woman.

The song is Terrorvision's "Josephine". Here's a link to the lyrics.

It's not a complicated song, a very condensed little story. But there's a line in there which brings a tear to my eye and a smile to my face; So we talked all night, And we just can't pretend, Although I lost old Joe, yo, I've got a new girlfriend

Gets me every time, even though I'm ready for it, that does :slight_smile:

I know from the many TS women I've met and talked to that one thing they really yearn for is to be accepted as what they are, just a woman. And those who are straight often want nothing more than for a straight guy to come along, accept them for who they are and fall in love. Me; I'm bi and have a trans partner, but that part of the song still gets me. For me, this is a story with a happy ending, the happy ending many TS women want to their own story.

Regards, Jo(sephine)...

2. reecematthew

sweet transvestite from rocky horror picture show lol really the best movie ever