1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayers for Bobby

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by rainbowfox, May 23, 2012.

1. rainbowfox

I watched Prayers for Bobby tonight and it is literally emotionally shocking. Almost during the whole movie i was crying, but when it ended, i was full of HOPE. I suggest all of you to see it. The Movie ends with these words of Marry Griffith:

To all the Bobby and Janes out there, I say these words to you as I would with my own precious children. Please don't give up on life or yourselves. You're very especial to me. I'm working very hard to make this world a better and safer place for you to live in. Promise me you'll keep trying. Bobby gave up on love, I hope you won't. You're always in my Gods.

Attached Files:

#1 rainbowfox, May 23, 2012
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
  2. TheGreyMan

I watched it too. God, I cried so hard... Brilliantly done though. Wish it got more attention to not only because it was a great film, but also because of the understanding its ending promotes.

3. Zachary825

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love that movie. Soo sad but soo amazing. Loved her speech at the end.

4. rainbowfox

I wish too, and I don't understand why it didn't.
    Actually I'm going to ask lots of my friends to watch it, maybe it'll open their mind.

5. Dalmatian

I watched it at a particularly confusing part of my life, with a straight guy friend who I had/have a huge crush on, before coming out to my parents. I can only say, and I will try to avoid any spoilers, that although I understand the end message, although there is hope and sorrowful happiness in that last couple of minutes, that I just couldn't help looking at the whole movie through Bobby's eyes. And you know, through his eyes the first part of the movie is sad and horrible and it blocks your throat, but the second is so much worse. Her speech in the end is great and it's great what she's done later on, but looking through his eyes, I just feel bitterness over her change of mind and pain over his life. I can't accept the notion of "the movie is great if you don't count what it meant for the main/title character". I am not talking about artistic value of it, obviously, or the strength of the message.

6. rainbowfox

i absolutely understand what are you saying but i think tragedies effect people more, and can create greater changes. as i said i have been crying during the whole movie, but i think life in total, is blend of bitterness, hope, and happiness. and this tale contained all of them. and that's why I'm saying its a great movie and everyone should see it.
    and i think you watched it in a hard and harsh time (*hug*)

7. GayJay

I saw this movie too. I think i would connect with it more if i was a gay male rather than a girl but i come from a catholic family, so the bible quote his mum told him have been told to my by my family. Think that's what made it so emotional for me to watch.
    The film is brilliantly done and so unheard about more people should watch it.

8. MusicMan12

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE :slight_smile:
    amazing movie

9. WALK2222

Oh god, I just saw that movie after your suggestion. I fell in love with Bobby from the start, his personality, friendliness, everything. The movie is a huge emotional roller coaster, but I am glad I watched it. It was amazing and the speech at the end was beautiful. My face is still extremely red from all that crying :slight_smile:

10. rx79g

Omg I tried watching this and then I fell in love with Bobby and I knew enough about the plot that I stopped watching because I didn't want to see him die. I just couldn't take it. Oh gosh I'm having a small panic attack just thinking about it. The only way I could watch it is if I was with someone, but definitely not alone.

11. Thyker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I cried throughout the entire thing as well. The hug at the end gets me the most and I lose it.

12. TheGreyMan

Good to know I'm not the only one that BAWLED at that.

13. MusicMan12

lol me tooooo! A simple hug can have a huge impact on someone :slight_smile:

14. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Prayers For Bobby is the only movie I've ever cried in, and man, did I cry. Never before has a movie been so close to my life story.

15. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a very good movie. I've only seen it once though but I remember it was great. I've never read the book though but I plan to one day.

16. rainbowfox

the hug made me really cry too

i watched it two days ago but when i remember some of the scenes, my eyes get wet and my heart become full of sorrow and hope together.

---------- Post added 25th May 2012 at 02:59 PM ----------

I do too :slight_smile:

17. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Beautiful movie.

18. davidroberts

awesome movie .. pls suggest some other gay theme movies bt with ahppy endings :slight_smile:

19. rainbowfox

actually I watched two other movies with gay theme, "A Single Man", which I watched last night and it was a really beautiful and bitter story about LOVE, i really enjoyed it but, happy ending, i can't call it that but it was great :slight_smile:
    The other one is "Brokeback Mountain" which I think is a must see, but again happy ending, not this one if you judge it with common prospect of happy ending.
    But both of these movies are absolutely pure tales about love :slight_smile:
    Oh, I was forgetting this one :grin: AND it has a perfect HAPPY ENDING :slight_smile: "Billy Elliot". I was very young when I watched it for the first time, and till today it is one of my favorite movies :slight_smile:
    you can watch series too, my favorite with LGBT theme is "Will and Grace" :slight_smile:

20. davidroberts

cool i ll try them :slight_smile: thanks a lot

---------- Post added 25th May 2012 at 07:39 AM ----------

i watched christian and oliver it was awesome :slight_smile: broke back mountain is also nice bt sad movie :slight_smile: