1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

International Films?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by LailaForbidden, May 27, 2012.

1. LailaForbidden

I suppose it depends on where you are in the world to define something as international, but i'm curious...do any of you have any favorite foreign films? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: i love 'em.

I wholeheartedly recommend:
    El Secreto de sus Ojos, or the Secrets in their Eyes - its in my top 5 favourite movies.. which is saying something because i have ridiculously high standards for these things. :lol: Its from Argentina and, really, it has everything... psychology, passion, romance, action, amazing acting... and of course an Argentinian flare :slight_smile:
    El Secreto de sus Ojos [2009] - English Subtitles - YouTube
    Sorry I'm not quite sure how to embed

La Vita E Bella or Life is Beautiful. Italian :slight_smile: about the holocaust and what a father does to protect his son from the Nazis; he basically makes it seem like a game. Its actually really funny (lol it sounds weird, but it is) but also serious and tragic. You'll probably cry and laugh yourself to tears if you watch this movie.. its just amazing. And hard to explain.

And the last one is House of Flying Daggers. Its pretty famous one! A Chinese Romeo and Juliet only with more wicked awesome fighting scenes and a better score. Oh and Zhang Ziyi... :icon_wink

Okay, i'll stop playing Movie Critic. What do you guys think? any favorites?
    (!)(!)(!)(!)

#1 LailaForbidden, May 27, 2012
    Last edited: May 27, 2012