1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Lady GaGa song and why?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Gazza123, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Me

Bad Romance

I don't know why I guess its just a real "Little Monster" song if you get what I mean. Plus I think it just sounds cool and twisted but in a good way.

If all that makes sense :icon_bigg

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Mine has to be "Alejandro". It's the only song hers that manages to hit that pop sweet spot for me and that hits it spot on. Most of her other songs are very "eh" for me (I doubt she would have gotten famous were it not for her image; her songs are rather mediocre, in my humble opinion). But "Alejandro" has an almost dark, brooding sound compared to most of her other stuff, and it works for me. It's still not unique as a pop song (I'd hesitate to say any of her songs are), but I can't deny that I enjoy it.

Still, I'll always have a sweet spot in my heart for "The Edge of Glory", the most normal song of her's that I've ever heard. But normal is not a bad thing, because once she drops the pop pretense, she shows that she knows how to make an honest-to-goodness good song. And I appreciate that.

3. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My favorite is definitely Americano, the beat is catchy and the lyrics are really good.

4. kem

kem

I used to be a big fan but don't listen to her that much nowadays. My favourite song would be either Government Hooker or Scheisse. Government Hooker has a nice sound, and it explores interesting themes. But to my mind, GaGa's lyrics are really uninspiring and repetitive. She could be so much better, based on her vocal and piano talents. It's okay and brilliant to wrap yourself in oddity, camp and absurd, but it shouldn't be at the expense of the quality of musical content.

5. julia

I like mostly all of her songs but mainly Born This Way, Bloody Mary, Judas, and Teeth. Those songs are just perfect.

6. toms7

bad romance or marry the night!

7. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Edge of Glory is my favorite because it's about what I dream of most, winning at life. On A Very Gaga Thanksgiving she explained the song to Katie Couric and then performed an acoustic version of Edge of Glory, it made it so magical for me because she was discussing her grandfather's life and how she and her father felt about his passing.

8. vyvance

"Just Dance (Space Cowboy Remix)" or "Love Game (Chew Fu Ghettohouse Fix feat. Marilyn Manson)".

9. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Born this Way and Marry the Nighf

10. MusicMan12

IMPOSSIBLE TO PICK ONE, but if I had to, i would pick edge of glory. but i also like
    Judas
    Marry the Night
    Dance in the Dark
    SchieBe
    and basically every other one lol

11. johnnymay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The Queen from BTW Album. The lsong is really special and meaningful, instantly brings out the "Queen" in me every time. Lol.

12. Of Mice and Men

Oh jeez, it's impossible to pick just one :/.

I love "Speechless" and "Brown Eyes", because they really show a softer side to her music.

I also love "Scheiße" and "The Queen" on BTW, because they're incredibly self-empowering and make me feel good about myself.

13. King

King Guest

I don't listen to Lady Gaga anymore (I stopped when BTW came out, as I love The Fame Monster), but her song You and I is just so brilliant. I love it.
    I think it's just the general meaning of it, the lyrics are beautiful, as is the music...

14. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Too many too list -- I used to be a huge Lady Gaga fan, not much anymore but I still really love her music. I think either Born This Way or Poker Face has to be my favorite though, Born This Way because of the amazing lyrics and Poker Face because it's catchy. :3

15. Ridiculous

Paparazzi has been my favourite for a while.. although most songs on BTW do come pretty close.

Lots of people saying her lyrics are bad; they don't seem to be much different than other artists and much better than quite a few in my opinion. It irritates me when lyrics attempt to be deep and profoundly meaningful.

16. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My favorite Lady Gaga song is Boys, Boys, Boys!
    What can I say, I love them :wink:.

17. peanutbutter

You and I & Edge of Glory! Love Lady GaGa!

18. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Well first off, there isn't a Gaga song I don't like. That being said, it's a four way tie between Just Dance, Born This Way, Alejandro, and Speechless. If I had to pick only one, it'd be Speechless.

19. nicecoolguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Paper Gangsta. I like the beat and it just sounds different than the others to me. It's got a different flow and I like it.

20. AdamStark

AdamStark Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's a tie between "Edge of Glory" and "Bad Romance." I like them both for different reasons. I think "Edge of Glory" is her best song both musically and lyrically and the saxophone solo is the highlight of it. "Bad Romance" has a catchy melody and fun lyrics.