1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Razor

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by CorporalPie, Jan 13, 2008.

1. CorporalPie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I know I'm a few months late with this but just wondering if anyone else saw Battlestar Galactica: Razor and what you thought of it if you did. I thought it was one of my favorite BSG episodes yet. I really liked seeing what happened to the Pegasus and seeing the first hybrid. The fact that Cain is a lesbian and Six is bi really took me by suprize, but I thought it was a good twist on things and that it made a lot of sense. What the hybrid said to Kendra at the end about Starbuck totaly threw me off and I dont know what to think about the season three finally now! (As if it wasn't weird enough alrdy!) I think they did a pretty good job on it and the backstory on Cain in the extended edition was rly nice to see. I was glad they explained why she seemed so cold & heartless. Seeing the old cylons was a cool twist too I think. Season four can't come soon enough!

2. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Me and my friend were super-disappointed by Razor. Yes, the performances were great but WHY oh WHY oh WHY did they bother to go back and retread a story that we all knew the outcome of? And frankly Admiral Cain's a total inhuman nutjob, which is kinda unfortunate given she's a lesbian.

The new viewpoint character was interesting and the actor did a great job but then she dies at the end. There were only small little reveals of things we didn't already know and nothing that was terribly mind-blowing. Roslin was barely in it, which is NEVER a good thing.

Overall it just seemed like a total waste of 2 hours they could have used to tell relevant, interesting stories of about the BG people and universe.

I just HATE prequels in sci-fi settings. Hated it in Star Wars, hated it here. It's frakkin' stupid.