1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mr. Hollands Opus <3 love this movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by rene, Jun 14, 2012.

1. rene

:music:I love this movie i want to watch it over and over and over. i want to be Mr. Holland but nicer and happier. I love the kid that emptys his spit valve on the girl that sits next to him on her shoe, gets me everytime (i would be that person if i played trumpet in class)
    Who else loves this movie or any other great musicals or music related movies (not disney ones those are stupid [no affence to those who really enjoy them]) :music:

2. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

I like this movie too!! I like it mostly because I'm a sign language major in school, so I love finding movies with Deaf characters and sign language. I'm not a musician, but I do love musicals (with sing and dance, the whole nine!) Music-related movies I like too, but they come second to actual musicals.

The musicals I love are: Cry-Baby, Westside Story, Guys and Dolls, Little Shop of Horrors, Grease, Chicago (oh my god, Cell Block Tango!), Cabaret, Les Miserables, and my absolute favorite The Nightmare Before Christmas! I know I've probably seen a lot more, I just can't think of them right now. I just love musicals, especially the 20s, 50s, and 60s themed kind.

Music related movies I love are: August Rush and Swing Kids (so tragic). I think I may have seen more music related non-disney movies too, but I can't think of them right now.

3. Emberstone

My dad was a background driver during the filming of this movie, and my brother was a on-set gopher when he was driving. Infact, in one of the scenes when they are doing driving lessons, the kid in the backseat (If i remeber, the one when he found out his wife was in labour) was a friend of my brothers.

We, for a few years, practically gave up on the film being released, as it took them a few years to edit it and release it from the time my dad did his bit of filming.

It is a great film, though. so that extra time obviously paid off, as they were able to edit it without rushing it.

4. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

It's in my top 10 favourite movies of all time. It makes me cry every time I watch it. I love the parts where he sings to his son and when his students play his music at the end. *sniffles just thinking about it*

5. unknownerror

That end gets me too. Its one of the 5 movies that have made me cry

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Such a beautiful movie. I also love that they randomly inserted a brief shot of a gay couple during the 1995 scene, the two boys outside walking up to the school holding hands. Was brief, random, but hey it was to show the times.