1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Justin Beiber Song..New LGBTQ Anthem?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BajanBoy13, Jun 20, 2012.

1. BajanBoy13

I was on Youtube yesterday and saw this song:

[YOUTUBE]wlAw48HucqY[/YOUTUBE]

Does It Sound Like A Gay Anthem? Its really good though.

2. WALK2222

Im not a fan of Justin Bieber but I will have to say, this song was very good. And I do think that it is implying soooome kind of gay anthem type thing.

3. breakingboxes

I never thought I would say this about JB but I like it and it kinda is an anthem. :slight_smile:

4. It's kinda hard for me to think of anything from Bieber as gay-friendly. From what I remember, he doesn't support same-sex marriage but he also said that he can't really know what it's like to be gay since he's not.

Please let me know if his opinion has "evolved" in recent years.

Anyways, I think that the song is merely okay. I would usually like song of this genre and rhythm, but just not ... this one.

5. FJ Cruiser

It sounds like North American pop is taking cues from our neighbors to the south, which is okay because I find Latin pop more bearable. That said, I don't see why LGBT people need an anthem. It seems clear to me this song is just using the cliché that we're all the same in that we're seeking acceptance. I don't think LGBT people need to take on an anthem like we're the poster children of victims of intolerance.

6. ThatCoopKid

I never, EVER thought I'd say this, but I actually like this song. And I normally can't stand anything Bieber makes.

As far as it being a LBGT anthem, I guess it could be construed as that, but it could easily be construed as an anthem for another cause, such as equality, etc. It's pretty vague. But, like FJ Cruiser said, do we really need an anthem?

7. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

Has anyone ever thought biebs could be gay himself?

8. Willisilliw

Haha, everyone thinks he is :lol:

9. brocub

It's too much of an "us vs. them" kind of song to be a gay anthem. What I mean I mean is that, because he refers to people who are "no different than us," as in not straight, white, cisgendered males, it just sounds like a straight guy trying to say that he's all for diversity and stuff. Gay anthems tend to be all-inclusive like "Proud" or "I'm Coming Out" because they include everyone or they are lgbtq specific, referencing the community.

10. Calico

Why do we need an anthem? It just sets us further apart from the rest of society, like a barrier defining "us" and "them", when we're trying to get rid of those barriers and be accepted by that same society.
    Just saying.

11. RebelD

I don't like it when something (or someone) is fake and I can't stand arrogance and that makes Bieber one of my least favourite people. But that aside, I don't like the song that much. Not my type of music

12. Vernox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I only ever use this website on my phone because I don't want someone finding it on my computer. Since my phone can't view YouTube on this site (for some reason...) can someone tell me what song you're all talking about? Lol

13. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think the song refers to any specific people or person.I also don't care for Bieber as I believe that he and a bunch of others need to stop repeating themselves throughout an entire song.

14. Ridiculous

A gay anthem is as much about the singer as it is about the song. Justin Bieber is not a gay icon by any stretch of the imagination - this is definitely not a new anthem.

15. Just Adam

Do gay people really need an anthem ? I mean are we supoose to play it when we enter a room like some incredibly uninspiring wrestler ? Lol

If we do need an Anthem it will never be Bieber. The kids a jerk

16. King

King Guest

I hope it doesn't become a gay anthem. Like Just Adam said, we don't really need an anthem... I'm fine with my music representing me, not a song other gay people decided on.

The song itself is alright. I'd much prefer it being sung by Cheryl Cole or The Saturdays, though.... Hm...

King x

17. sugarcubeigloo

Huh, I may have interpreted the lyrics a little differently. :eusa_thin

I like it though! :slight_smile: Its catchy.

18. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was never a fan of Justin Bieber, but this is really catchy. :3

But anyway, yeah the lyrics do kinda sound like it's an LGBT song now that you say it.
    Especially the line "Hate may win some battles, but love wins in the end." Though I never thought Justin Bieber would make a song like this. Nonetheless, good song. ^^

19. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You're right. He also said that women who have been raped should not be able to get an abortion. He's anti-abortion. Basically he's a conservative Christian.. and well.. his opinions are not exactly gay-friendly.