1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USA Swimming Olympic Trials 2012

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Swim2Fly, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Swim2Fly

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Anyone watching on NBC? I love swimming, so just thought I'd try to publicize a little. (Sorry, foreigners, I'll try to open a London Olympics thread in due time.) Plenty of familiar names, but lots of surprises as well. It's a really intense swim meet, even more so than the Olympics themselves coming later in July.

I'm actually at the meet, and it is quite the emotional roller coaster. It's actually people I know (and oftentimes quite well) who are making and missing the Olympics. Well, I'm going to shut up before I breach the forum's identity restrictions, but suffice to say it's a really, really tough time for me personally with the letdowns of this competition and the pressures of realizing that I've been hiding in the closet for quite a while. :icon_sad:

Sorry for the aside, back to the real topic: what races have you enjoyed the most?I will have to go with the 1st event of the meet, the Men's 400IM. I hear that Michael Phelps swam it simply so that one of the other swimmers wouldn't get a spot on the roster...talk about conniving. :badgrin:

And, of course, feel free to talk about the Olympians you find the most attractive. :icon_wink

2. jsmurf

I thought this snippet from a televised Olympics newscast was fairly fitting. :grin:

---------- Post added 1st Aug 2012 at 11:50 AM ----------

[​IMG]

3. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    wow, sexy guys, and this picture can tell many different stories that has nothing to do with sport if you get what I mean.

I wanted to be on a swim team myself, but alas, the town where I grew up, the only swimming pool is only open for 4 months a year!

4. Emberstone

nice censor bar...

5. Swim2Fly

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
  6. qboy

Hmm, the Diving people manage to position the score bars more "perfectly" than some genuine censors...

Now why are Swimming and Diving the only sports I'm paying any attention too?

(Thanks also has to go to Tom Daley and Michael Phelps for being so good resulting in full coverage on Freeview (which I have in my room) rather than being dumped on one of the 24 BBC Olympics satellite (which we only have in the lounge) channels :wink: )

7. Emberstone

I will be glad not to see ryan lochte... ugh... I watched an interview with him and his dad, and now it is clear where he gets his arrogant ass personality, and overwhelmingly bad sense of entitlement.