1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Revan, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Please note I realize there was a previous topic about it last summer but it devolved into a talk about everything but Spider-Man and I don't care to rejuvenate the thread so I'm starting a new one.

Just saw it today. I know some may say "how could you" or w/e but honestly after watching it I was extremely impressed. I almost felt there was more heart, comedy and action than the three previous flicks had combined (or at least more heart and comedy, because there was a lot of action in the three. I honestly loved this film and can't wait to see it on IMAX on Friday.

2. Caoimhe Fayre

why would someone say how could you? I can't wait to see Spiderman... (although for me that might have something to do with the incredibly talented and gorgeous Emma Stone being in it, lol)

3. ANightDude

I saw it last night at midnight and... wow... what a movie. I had really high expectations and it shattered them. Garfield is Spiderman, him and Emma Stone were perfect together, the script was fantastic, Sally Field and Martin Sheen were great, it was just... wow...

I have very little complaints about it and it's been going through my mind all day. I can't recall the last time that I had such an experience watching a movie. The character development and humanism of Peter Parker is what really made this movie. I nearly shed a tear a few times, especially near the end of the film when Peter comes back home to Aunt May. That scene just ripped me apart, but it was so sweet at the same time.

The best movie I've seen this year so far. Can't wait to see it again. :grin:

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same here! And the scene between Garfield and Sheen, even though Sheen was dead, I broke down. I mean when Uncle Ben died in Maguire's one, even when he told Peter "with great power comes great responsibility" honestly that barely phased me (not saying the Ben in the trilogy wasn't a good actor but Sheen, WOW). Honestly, this was a really good film. It wasn't like Green Lantern or some of the hero movies out there that have just been special effects without acting, this one was a beautiful combination of both. I can't wait for Friday, I'm hoping seeing it in 3D IMAX will be absolutely amazing, even moreso than just 3D.

5. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm glad to hear it was good. I am a little surprised that they made a new Spider-Man movie so soon after the last ones, but if you say it was good I'll take your word for it.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's cause Spider-Man 4 was scheduled but then disagreements between Raimi and Sony occurred so the project was scrapped and when they brought in the new director they wanted to still release a new film just with a reboot.

7. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    UGHH! I loved that movie! I never read the comic but...my brother said it's a lot like the comic. Saw it yesterday too, it's amazing like it says.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I really felt they went a bit more along with the comics, and I also LOVED that while they didn't go HUGE into it, I do like that unlike the Tobey films, they looked into his parents a bit. And anyone else just completely go O_O with Garfield's acting when Uncle Ben died? <3

9. Neutrality

This movie was much better then the previous ones, in my opinion.

10. Thandrami

Loved this one! So great!

Plus Andrew Garfield being in it didn't hurt ;P

11. Neutrality

I usually like bulkier like bearish guys...but he was cute....I actually whispered "That lucky B****" under my breath during the kiss.

12. frostreaver

Supposedly, it was because, if Sony didn't make a movie within 5 years of the last one, the rights to Spiderman would go back to Marvel.

That said, I liked the movie better than original. The casting was perfect.

13. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I would have preferred a Spider-Man 4, so I had really low expectations going into this movie, but I can gladly say that Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield were fantastic as their respective characters. The only part of the movie I disliked was the Lizard. He could have been handled so much better.

14. Neutrality

Well now I wish they hadn't made the movie, I want marvel to get the rights to spider man and the X-men back so they can do a giant cross over movie with the avengers.

15. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally think that would be a fail, but that's just me. I mean okay, Spidey was a part of the Avengers in the comics at one time, but I don't recall the X-Men being a part of it...

16. djt820

Here's my problems with the film:

Dylan Baker was playing Doc Conners through all of Raimi's films. He was a developed character through-out the 3 films and there should have been a Spiderman 4 with him in it. But it's not surprising because Spiderman 3 was pretty bad. Secondly, the first half of this film was good. Curt Conners was getting good character development and I was impressed and then the second half of the film came and he was just a monster Spiderman had to fight. He just lost his mind and it felt so out of character. And thirdly, a lot of things were rushed and didn't transition well. Like Spiderman getting his costume and developing the web shooters.

It was an okay movie. Hopefully the sequel will make up for it because I just hate origins stories.

17. Adam123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    seen the movie tonight... one comment:

great ass

18. Thandrami

Right!!

19. fleetingwells

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I keep hearing about how good this movie is. I think I really want to watch it now! The problem w/ me about these types of movies though (& remakes in general) is that I feel like Hollywood is running out of ideas now. Maybe it's just me? :S

20. Brenny

He looks so skinny but when he goes and bungees off the roof... DAMN! Though I seriously have a crush on Emma Stone too. Between the two of them... Ahhhh.

Oh wait. I'm gay. Or am I? Whatev.

#20 Brenny, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012