1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know of a good TV/Movie for LGBT people?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by laras, Jul 6, 2012.

1. laras

Ever since I joined this place I have been thinking about girls a lot ^.^... saw a youtube clip of a guy coming on to another guy in another post. I want to watch more tv/movies with LGBT things going on...

Keep in mind, I do not watch TV or movies very often... in fact not often at all... if you are going to name something I more than likley have never heard of it... no offense!:eusa_danc

2. runallday4

runallday4 Guest

Are there any other themes you like? Comedy? Drama?
    My favorite is Latter Days (This was the first movie I saw, and it really just struck a chord with me). It's kind of has a bunch of different themes in it. There's comedy at parts. At other parts it's drama (it gets really emotional at one part). And lastly, there are really sexual moments :slight_smile:
    A TV show that I liked is Queer as Folk. There are really cute guys, although I kind of stopped watching after the first few seasons because it just started getting redundant. I might start up again later this summer though.

There are really lots of different ones. Can you specify more what you want to see? Should it be focused on LGBT? Or just have LGBT characters? I'm sure if you try google you'll find many more as well. In fact, I know that afterelton has a list of their top 50 LGBT movies of all time.

3. laras

That is the problem, I dont have any "movie" types I watch. I read, cross stich, play games and work... kinda boring. However maybe its just cause I lost interest in the shows I was watching I Dont Know! >.<

4. DanA

Rick & Steve: The Happiest Gay Couple in the World

:grin:

5. KyleTristanC

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. Prayers for Bobby (TV Movie) - It stars Sigourney Weaver - whom I lololove!
    2. Queer as Folk (TV Series, Ended with 5 Seasons) - A bit campy at times, but very cool! And lotsa hot naked guys.
    3. Love of Siam (Movie) - This one's Asian, though. I'm not sure if you're into that.
    4. Maurice (Movie)- It stars a young Hugh Grant.
    5. Basic Instinct (Hot Movie) - Not really an LGBT movie, but Sharon Stone makes out with another girl. I'm a gay guy, but that was hot!

These have mainly guy-on-guy pairings, but there are lotsa movies out there with girl-on-girl pairings as well. If you're looking for ones with general LGBT themes -like what some said- it depends on what you're into (genre and all that). Hope this helped!

6. laras

Okay! just watched Latter Days... whoa! *cough* whoa! I wasnt expecting all the sex ^.-...

But I loved the story. I am from SLC and have a bunch of family who go on a mission. I know there was a lot that they said that would not be said however, loved the other parts. I know a few guys who ended up gay. I dont believe it was from their mission but just who they were... kinda like this story.

Okay love this movie, ill be watching it again :icon_bigg

---------- Post added 6th Jul 2012 at 11:31 PM ----------

Haha about Basic Instinct!

Anyone heard of a Girl Bi show? Im writing these down to watch too! Just not tonight :lol:

---------- Post added 6th Jul 2012 at 11:34 PM ----------

LOL WHAT DID I JUST YOUTUBE!!

It was a lego show :icon_bigg

Is it an acutal movie or did i just watch a clip, cause it was only 2 min long :lol:

7. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For tv shows, my favorite LGBT shows are

1. South of Nowhere- A coming of age tv series about a girl, this is my favorite show of all time. :slight_smile:
    2. The L Word- A good show, kind of the lesbian equivalent to Queer as Folk so can be a bit risque.
    3. Tierra de Lobos- This is a Spanish soap opera (so it's in Spanish) that has a lesbian character. I only watched the parts with the lesbian character.

For movies, my favorites are

1. C.R.A.Z.Y. (a foreign film about a gay guy)
    2. Boys Don't Cry (a sad movie)
    3. But I'm a Cheerleader

I like some other movies but I can't think of them right now. If I do I'll let you know~! :slight_smile:

I know you said you're looking for some bisexual girl movies (most of the ones I listed above are girl movies) so here's a link to a list of movies that a gay/bisexual female website has come up with.

Autostraddle — Top Ten Best Lesbian Movies: 10 Queer Movies That Don

8. LisforLisa

The only lgbt show I watch is pretty little liars Emily is gay and was dating Maya before she died.

9. DanA

Lol, it's a show... an awesome one!

10. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might want to try watching Gray's Anatomy, it has a couple of good Lesbian Characters from around the 3rd season onwards I think.

Also Buffy The Vampire Slayer (Willow and Tara are like the most amazing couple ever, and I'm not even a lesbian)

11. Priler

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Transamerica
    Summer Storm
    mysterious skin

12. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really liked Skins (British version) with Naomi and Emily. And Pretty Little Liars is really good too.

13. lewis15

Broke Back Mountain, saddest movie i think ive ever seen. (2 straight guys, end up sorta falling in love),, Will and Grace (tv show about a gay guy living with a straight girl),, and Grey's Anatomy has lesbians in it (well, i think one is bi)

14. GayJay

Yeah this is a sad film. Makes it even worse it is a true story and the real Brandon in the film was actually raped and murdered in 93 for being trans...
    But a really good and powerful film.