1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"The New Normal"- thoughts, anyone?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by AshenAngel, Jul 8, 2012.

1. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

When I first saw the trailers for this new TV series I was excited b|c (1) I had been waiting for a show about the gays to come out and (2) its being made by the same people who gave us Glee! I'm just wondering if anyone else knows what I'm talking about and their feelings toward a show like this. :slight_smile:

#1 AshenAngel, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2012
  2. LailaForbidden

I just watched the trailer and, despite the homophobic comments below, it looks amazing! :grin: i think this is a huge step and i'm so excited :slight_smile:

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Who'da thunk that Ryan Murphy could give us anything more gay than Glee? :slight_smile:

4. Philvanuirle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know what channel is NBC...

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm looking forward to this show!! It really does look good. I hope that the homophobic idiots just learn to leave it alone.

6. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I'd never heard of it before this but it does look good. I almost died when I saw Nene walk in.

7. Hiems

I just watched the trailer. I'm really looking forward to watching this show!

8. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

When I first heard of it I thought it was just going to be the competition to Modern Family, but it actually looks like it has something else to offer. Looks really cute and awesome. Can't wait :grin:

9. Tim

Tim

[youtube]tHS0WYEmDGo[/youtube]

For those curious.

Unlike Modern Family, I might actually like this show. o_o

10. Vanc

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How can you not like Modern Family?! :frowning2:

This show looks really interesting! There's one guy in the YouTube comments for one of the trailer videos saying that this show won't last even one season...let's prove him wrong :thumbsup:

11. Tim

Tim

A lot of shows on NBC are not surviving, actually.

Even if they manage decent ratings. It's like NBC has very opinionated people on their board.

12. Tim

Tim

Am I the only one who noticed the couple is essentially a grown up Kurt and Blaine from Glee?

Ugh. Now I'm going to hate it, I just know it, lol.

13. ANightDude

I'm thinking of waiting a few seasons to watch it. For obvious reasons.

1) It's NBC. They're famous for destroying their own shows, randomly change time slots, cancel if the ratings slightly change or decline, etc. It's hard to really watch that network.
    2) Ryan Murphy pretty much destroyed Glee. I'm worried what on earth he could fuck up with this project.

By waiting a while the word of mouth can be heard and I'll know if NBC did something stupid to themselves again (aka "Heroes") I'll figure out if it's safe to watch.

14. runallday4

runallday4 Guest

I'm excited for the show, although I don't like Glee, so I don't understand a lot of the conversation. I do like modern family though.

^^^What do you mean? That it was stupid that they cancelled it?

15. ANightDude

No, Heroes was NBC's highest rated show in years and they went a little overboard, messed with the time slots, hired and re-hired staff, including writers who made some of the stupidest decisions I've seen on shows, and it went from a stellar first season to mediocre second season to an abysmal third. Then NBC cancelled it.

So, yeah, classic NBC stuff. I'm cautious about the network. It's not like ABC, who's a lot more willing to take risks on their shows and does what they can to help their shows survive and take fan ideas into account.

16. Tim

Tim

17. Gen

Gen

Thank you for posting that, Tim. I'm actually surprized. There were some corny parts, but I really enjoyed it. I'll definitely remind myself to watch it in september :slight_smile:

18. Ryan Murphy making it = I will not be watching it. I find Glee to be atrocious and him to be one of the biggest assholes walking the face of the earth.

19. itsjoanna

I love glee (mostly because of brittana and the woman in my profile pic), so I feel like I should give this a shot because of RM and Ali. Though I'm not the biggest fan of Ali, she did write a really nice scene in IKAG (even though I HATE that episode).
    I did end up liking AHS because of RIB.

People told me it's like the .. older klaine (blaine/kurt) so why not, you know? lol

20. Kyllani

I'm open to watching this show. I've never watched Glee, so I don't have anything previous off which to base judgements of Ryan Murphy...but I like the premise of the show, as long as it's not too overboard.