1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brave

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by midwestgirl89, Jul 8, 2012.

1. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you have seen the movie "Brave," what did you think?

I watched it today and it was good!! I went into it with an analytical eye (because I watched 103 top-grossing animated films from 1980-2011 to see how many male/female characters are rescuers/victims and how often females talk to each other for a gender project) and I was pleased with the outcome of "Brave."

I liked how the movie focused on the relationship between a girl and her mother. It's rare that you can find animated movies revolving around a female character, much less one that revolves around 2 female characters. It was refreshing!

I wish the main girl could be gay but I'm sure it'll be a while before animated movies have a gay main character (girl or boy).

Anyway, what did you think?

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I thought it was fantastic. The visuals were stunning, the music was pitch-perfect, and I really liked the coming-of-age/redemption narrative, as well as the way all of the elements came together in the end. I also like the fact that they didn't try to shoehorn in a romantic subplot or try to hook her up with a suitor at the end. I saw this trailer for it a while ago, and I knew when I saw it that I would have to see this movie. I was not disappointed at all.

I will say that when they brought in the whole, "Her mother is a bear now" narrative, it seemed contrived to me, but the more the movie went on, the more I thought it really fit.
    That was one of the big reasons I loved it, too.

3. I watched Brave the day after it was released. I think I went in with overexpectation. I thought it was fine, but somehow just expected to feel more.

4. PuzzlePieces

I just saw Brave 2 days ago! I really enjoyed it! I thought it was creative and espcially suspenseful for a disney movie:slight_smile: