1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So You Think You Can Dance

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Hiems, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Hiems

Hey guys. Does anyone watch SYTYCD? I've watched almost all of the seasons, but this one has the most versatile dancers. I'm rooting for Cole, the ballet dancers, and ballroom dancers. Hopefully one of them wins, since most champions have been contemporary dancers.

I also like the new concept of a female and male winner. It would have been awesome to see this concept integrated seasons ago. IMO, I would have liked Marko take the title as best male dancer last season. Marko and Melanie were both incredible! Their "Turn to Stone" performance still gives me the chills when I watch it.

The new episode starts in an hour on the east coast... I can't wait >_<

2. Kyllani

I'm super excited for this season. I don't have a favorite dancer yet, but my boyfriend is rooting for Glitch. I want him to do well too, but I just don't see him making it as far as some of the other dancers.

I wish they had started the best male and female sooner as well! I loved both Marko and Melanie last season and was torn over who I wanted to vote for. And the season before that I thought Kent was the bee's knees, but Lauren deserved it as well. So, male and female top dancers makes me happy.

I have last night's episode on the DVR, but haven't had the chance to watch it yet!

3. Hiems

Yay, a fellow SYTYCD watcher :grin:

Cyrus is interesting. He's awesome in his own style, but I did not expect him to reach the top 20. Without any technical training, I wonder if he can handle the weeks ahead. Voters will probably like his personality, though. He seems genuine and hardworking.

I love Lauren... her dance to "At Last" at Vegas was mesmerizing and memorable. She did so well in the competition. However, that season was a bummer for me because Alex Wong was eliminated due to injury :l

I hope you enjoy the episode. Some pieces received standing ovations, which might indicate the frontrunners in the competition.