1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Kerploop, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Kerploop

Does anyone here watch the British TV show Doctor who? If so, who is your favorite doctor and companion. Also, who is the scariest monster to you? I hope I get some responses!! I like the 10th and eleventh doctor the most. Also, I like Amy and Martha. The Weeping Angels, Vashta Nerada, and those creepy wooden doll things.

2. Jordash

Doctor Who is just brilliant to say the least! :grin: I love it!
    My favorite doctor is Number 10! David is beautiful! <3
    I really liked Rose, but I also enjoy Amy.
    The Weeping Angels are by far the scariest monsters! (I think one of their episode was actually on today on BBCA... lol) :slight_smile:

3. IrisM

10th Doctor is my favourite. David Tennant has such a wide range of emotion and really put such feeling into the character. I liked it when I saw season one, but when Tennant came about I was hooked. Everything from his actions to the way he talked, it was wonderful. He'll always be my favourite Doctor.

For companions, I'd have to say Amy and Rory made an interesting duo and I really liked them, but Donna Noble was my favourite. Her pairing with Tennant wasn't based in romance of any kind, just strict platonic friendship, and such a good one it was.

I rather liked the Master as far as creatures or villains go. He really was an over the top villain, I still have that song from the show on my mp3 player. ^^

As a side note I'm really interested in what they'll eventually do with the Doctor's Daughter. I heard she might get her own series or return eventually. ^^

4. ryanninjasheep

Amy and Rory (but captain jack is cool too)

Im sorta suprised nobody said the empty child

---------- Post added 11th Jul 2012 at 10:55 PM ----------

... but my favorite is the dream doctor

5. brocub

I'm currently in the midst of watching the adventures of the First Doctor. At this point, he's already left Susan behind and I'm on to the story where Ian and Barbara leave.

6. Just Passing

Doctor Who is a great show, both in the Classic Series and New Series (though I'm not really a fan of David Tennant's era, ugh). The spin-off media stuff is also pretty kick arse, if you can get a hold of it and still afford it regularly (which I cannot :grin:).

7. IrisM

You mean Torchwood? Yes, that was good too. Although it was also very sad in some places. I'll avoid any spoilers though.

8. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

I liked the 11th doctor. He had such a personality. Bow ties are cool! its a fez. i wear a fez now. fezzes are cool! xDD And favorite companions, by far, Rose and Rory :grin: The weeping angels did it for me *shiver* such a great concept, they only advance when you're not looking. I loved that!!

9. ryanninjasheep

Still wondering why nobody said empty child

"Mommmmmyyyyyyyy"

10. Mogget

I mainly know new Who, so I'll stick to that.

I think Matt Smith plays a more interesting, and alien, Doctor than David Tennant did. However, 10 had a far more interesting and varied range of stories. I generally like the 10 episodes more than the 11. This is in part because 10 has Donna Noble who is, objectively speaking, the best companion in new Who.

On the other hand, 11 has A Good Man Goes to War whereas 10 has...Journey's End. So 11 wins on that one.

11. MadHatter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    :icon_eek:
    Agreeeeed!! (!)(!) XD Except Amy/Rory are tied with Donna :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    And as far as which alien is the scariest, well, I haven't found any of them scary- but if you want to know which one I would not like to find myself facing; then the answer is the weeping angels. The inability to look away just gets to me... :icon_eek:

12. EllieSong

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I can't really decide which Doctor I like best...9 was the first Doctor I ever saw and I really liked him but I also like Tennant and Smith so I think it's a tie.
    My favourite companions are Donna and Martha, but I like all other too :slight_smile:

As for the scary things, the Empty Child really scared me :slight_smile: but weeping angels are pretty scary too :slight_smile:

13. Scenestealer

Out Status:
    A few people
    Tennant is the absolute best doctor yet. I would have liked Rory to be the companion but whatevvs. Apparently an immortal robot with a gun in his finger isn't cool enough.

14. ryanninjasheep

...Still wondering why nobody said emty child

15. amigay

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    10th doctor :grin:

Rose all the way

Turn Left...

16. MusicIsLife

Tennant! Tennant! Tennant! Number 10 is my fave :grin: My fave companion is Roseeeee. And the scariest monster to me is the Cybermen.

...Or Jackie Tyler hahahaha

17. Raindrop

I love Doctor Who but it only comes on in marathons and very rarely that where I am so I've only seen a few episodes. Rose is pretty awesome :slight_smile: The creepiest one for me was the one where the nanobites (I believe that's what their called?) changed this child into some weird creature with the gas mask part of his skin. Oh it was weird...

18. DraculasSister

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Love both 9 and 10. And Martha all the way, she's the best.

19. Spirit

My favorite Doctor is Nine, and for companion, I can't decide between Amy and Donna.

20. rg93

I liked the 10th Doctor the most because I guess he was the Doctor for so long and I got used to him

Donna Noble was the one i really fell in love with

As far as the creepy monsters go: ... "Are you my mummy?" <:O