1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid/Crappy TV Shows

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Kerploop, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Kerploop

I hat it when I turn the TV on, and there is nothing on. Like, sometimes little kid shows or, something I despise. What is the worst TV show you can think of?

Mine is the shopping channel. Or Whale Wars. Lol!:grin:

2. Off the top of my head...

Glee!

Boring characters, atrocious writing, over reliance on tired cliche's and extremely awful arrangements of songs that make me envy the deaf! Also I happen to think the creator is one of the biggest assholes on the planet.

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Oddly enough, my stalker-turned-friend is obsessed with Whale Wars. She texts me about it every Friday night. It seems those people always encounter the same problems...

Being someone who watches a ton I television, I can usually find something decent to enjoy. However our satellite provider recently added this one channel to our bundle that drives me insane. It's 24 hours of old-school Hee-Haw cowboy shows. My step-father is enthralled with this blasted channel.

I also hate all the wedding shows, like Say Yes to the Dress, My Fair Wedding with David Tutera, My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, all that crap. And Dance Moms. And those stupid kiddy pageant shows.

4. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

American Idol. I hate it. So, so much. But all I ever watch is Seinfeld reruns once every few days, so I dunno much about what else is on for me to hate lol.

5. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think Whitney and 2 Broke Girls are funny at all, they give female comics a bad name, especially when there's such good TV out there at the moment written by females.
    [YOUTUBE]-NZOLf2CDok[/YOUTUBE]

Did anyone watch Work It? It was only on for 2 episodes but it was awful, misogynistic, transphobic and the plot didn't even make sense (it's impossible for men to get jobs because the damn females are stealing them all!)
    [YOUTUBE]M9Joid6wx3Q[/YOUTUBE]

Also Allen Gregory, which just doesn't need explaining.
    [YOUTUBE]7xUlfno9QTM[/YOUTUBE]

6. Night Rain

Disney shows nowadays, ones that aren't animated... For example: Sonny with a Chance. Insanely stupid.

7. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dr Phil.

I've watched maybe a dozen episodes and the one constant pattern that got me upset is sensationalizing the issue at hand, then oversimplifying the complexity of the human psyche, trivializing the personal struggles involved, then spoonfeeding a generic canned answer to often life-long situations with the empathy of a technical support call center agent reading from a script. And while they may spend more time looking into the issues and it gets edited down for tv, it's really presented as though any problem can be figured out in 15 minutes. And it's somewhat entertaining which makes it even more offensive to humankind in my view. Sorry Oprah.

8. julia

2 Broke Girls is probably up there.

9. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Worst TV i can think of:

Glee - can't even be in the room when it's on
    Big bang theory
    2½ men
    a current affair & today tonight (aus. specific)
    madTV

almost any reality tv show ('talent' ones are ok, like (country)'s got talent and x-factor) especially those music-raping ones like idol, the voice etc

almost all news programs, but fox takes the cake (exceptions: ABC news, SBS news, anything Reuters, they're great)

Oh! And saturday night live. I have tried, and tried, and tried, and tried... I can count on one hand the times that show has made me titter a little, let alone a single open-mouthed mote of laughter. It's just not funny. (except tina fey)

#9 Pseudojim, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  10. Chickzak

I know I haven't given it a chance.. and will probably grow to like it :dry: but seriously "Superstar". I hate the show already =P

Now we have 3 repetitive and *slightly* different singing talent shows. The X Factor, The Voice.. and now a new show that's seeming to be the exact same, but with a slight variation of the previous two shows.. Superstar.

Don't understand what's so special about this one.

---------- Post added 15th Jul 2012 at 10:45 PM ----------

The only thing favouring the show.. the presenter.
    Amanda Holden. :grin:

11. vyvance

Anything that labels itself as reality television. It never truly is, and I've never enjoyed any what I've had to suffer through on unfortunate occasions.

12. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had an actual argument with somebody who said that it was a good show. I was getting really angry. GOD I hate that show...