1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Sci-Fi race

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Aburahamu, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Aburahamu

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Pick a race from any Sci-Fi anything. I'm a Salarian, through and through. Small, fast, and smart.

2. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like to think of myself as an El Aurian from Star Trek. I like to listen to other people and their emotions. Plus that would make me live for, like, ever... xD

3. IllusiveRannoch

savant Terminus Systems biotic Turian cabal. i wouldn't like living under a totalitarian meritocratic hierarchy no matter how big the military was, or the pirates who'd try to pick fights w/ me for money. also like the dextro species' including quarians. tech geniuses, can make practically anything from nearly nothing.

---------- Post added 31st Jul 2012 at 12:51 AM ----------

or maybe someone like Q from Star Trek TNG.

#3 IllusiveRannoch, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  4. Hot Pink

I would like to be an asari biotic! Woo!

5. AspieXLDS

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm, well, while I love Mass Effect, the race that I consider myself most like is a race I created for my own sci-fi epic (the first volume of which I intend to release through CreateSpace and Amazon Kindle in mid-to-late August).

The race is called the Kloans: a race of metamorphs, Kloans are at all levels of society within the galactic government. From politicians and intelligence agents to the most deadly special forces agents, the Kloans are capable of not only blending in with any race, but can physically become any living creature they witness and have intimate knowledge of. They are clinical, ruthlessly efficient in their actions, and prefer to use their intelligence over brute force, though when it comes to said force, their metamorph capabilities gives them an unrivaled edge.

In regards to a regular sci-fi series that everyone knows about: Brute force of the Krogan, Intelligence of the Vulcan, and curiosity of the Time-Lord.

6. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am called an Affrond, we are like your octopus of your oceans, only far more intelligent than humans. We tinkered with our DNA before we even invented the wheel. To think of it, I do not think we ever invented the wheel, but we did develop interstellar travel in the beginning of our space age.

Most of the galaxy have a problem with our kind, since we are not only loud, obnoxious, supper intelligent and supper violent but we also have problems with other less... strong races. We do not value the lives of those smaller and less intelligent than us. There are only a few races we see as our equal, and because we do not see humans as our equal, but rather as slaves, most galactic councils do not know what to do with us.

Our ships are self repairing, but we usually only repair it to 99 percent to keep the battle scars, which is our honour!

---------- Post added 31st Jul 2012 at 02:36 PM ----------

Hay another sci-fi writer! welcome again LOL yeah I'm writing a series as well, but mine has sci-fi and fantasy combined in a very clever way, making the bridge between 2 different worlds which is usually very hard to mix.

7. LSunday

I guess I'm a Lantean. They're the human-form species that came before us, and have an obnoxious habit of always running away from their problems. They're incredibly intelligent and have developed technology millennia ahead of our own, but refuse to use or share it for the greater good out of fear it will be misused. We lived in the city of Atlantis in the Antarctic, but after a disease struck Earth we flew the city to another galaxy (Yes, flew the whole city).

There, we lived peacefully for many years, until an alien species we accidentally created grew powerful and started taking over all the worlds in the galaxy. Rather than fight back, we stayed on our home planet and abandoned our outposts until we were the only free world left in the system. Then we sank Atlantis and fled back to Earth, keeping the location secret so they couldn't follow us back to our home galaxy.

There we intermingled with humans as figures such as Merlin, until the last of our race Ascended into beings made of energy, where we watch over the galaxy but refuse to give help to anyone in need.

8. AspieXLDS

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ah, another Stargate fan! Always good to find one of those. I've found it interesting how people many of the different terms the Ancients used to call themselves. So far I've heard the Ancients, the Others, the Ascended, the Lanteans, and finally their (likely) original name, the Alterans. Of those, I most often use the term Alteran simply because it rolls of the tongue easier than the others, for some reason.

You know, I've been reading Animorphs lately, and I'd say that the idea of the Ellimist could easily be similar to that of the Ascended Alterans, Crayak would be similar to the Ori or even the Orici (though male), and the Yeerks would definitely have the place as the Goa'uld, being parasitic. I wonder if K.A. Applegate was inspired in any fashion by the Stargate series, or vice-versa?

Always something to think about....

---------- Post added 31st Jul 2012 at 08:22 AM ----------

You're right that its difficult to mix the different worlds (sci fi and fantasy) together. The closest I can do is urban fantasy or paranormal fiction, where I have the person capable of Psionic abilities (my version of 'the Force', except it comes from how sharpened their own mind is rather than from the energy fields of others).

Do they have a sub-forum where we can share news like being published on this site, and I just haven't found it? It'd be nice to make those types of announcements, even if I couldn't link to it since I seem to recall reading that's against site rules...unless I'm mistaken.

9. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i loved the movie stargate, the series not so much, but still good entertainment. They should have used the same actors as in the movie and gradually replace them instead of a brand new cast. The latest season is somewhat dissapointing for me, thou its great that a spaceship is finally part of it, its way too repetative.

Now this one new serious Continuum looks promising, only watched the first 3 episodes, but it looks fantastic serries with an amazing plot. Wish i could get a suit like that, seems it can do aanything accept making coffee, i know i'll usee the atm hacking facilities allot and the shocki g ability is awesome, know of a few homophobes who could do with a shock or 2.

10. CTJ

CTJ

i'm such a nerd for sci-fi, especially stargate and mass effect, i'd have to go for Krogan, cus i'm big, stubborn and my friend says i essentially have the genophage cus im gay

11. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, there was a threat I started a while back, you can actually read some small bit of my novel here.
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/entertainment-media/62038-novels.html