1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camp NaNoWriMo

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Aielar, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Aielar

Anyone on EC participating in this event in August? For anyone who doesn't know, it is this > Camp NaNoWriMo . This will be my third attempt at getting to 50, 000 words lol, the first time I had 500 or so, second time I got to about 10,000...so hopefully third time's the charm :slight_smile: Good luck to anyone who's doing it!

2. Waffles

Oh yeah... that's this month, huh?
    *forgot to plan anything for NaNoWriMo*

Good luck to you! (.ヮ. )

3. Bree

Hmm...I've got nothing to do this month. Should I go for it? The hardest part is that I'm just learning how to type properly, and it's REALLY slow...

4. Emberstone

I can't do nanowrimo anymore. My college coursework has trained me to edit unconciousely, and so I spend too much time naturally editing as I go that I never can get to 50,000.

I have won two years, then from then on, cant get past 15-20k. I dont bother anymore.

5. Aielar

Well if you really have absolutely nothing to do this month, then why not go for it? On the plus side, even if you don't reach 50k, there's a chance it'll help your typing :slight_smile:

6. Bree

I've signed up! I'm a Creative Writing student and I've never written anything longer than 15k. This should be fun. I guess I'll spend tomorrow morning mapping it out a little before I start.

7. Crow

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm thinking about participating this year, even though I have never written anything more than ten thousand words with an original story. One question: does NaNoWriMo accept fanfiction submissions, or does it have to be an original story?

8. Aielar

You can write about whatever you want, that's the beauty of it! I'm writing a fanfiction piece from Supernatural this time around, but last October I started a completely original story.

9. Gen

Gen

Oh, I thought it was only in november. I would sign up, but I'm already working on a writing project that I certainly cant write 50k words of in a month >_>.

I know. For me it wasnt my classwork, as much as I am just a extreme editor. I'm really anal when it comes to the uniqueness and flow of my writing, so I have to edit as I go along. It comes out really good, but it does take longer :/.

10. King

King Guest

I thought it was in November... But I joined, I've never done it before so it should be exciting. :slight_smile:

11. Aielar

It used to be just November, but this year they expanded it to June and August as well and called it Camp Nanowrimo :slight_smile: I believe it was due to extra funding. Good luck King!

12. Emberstone

It can be a great way just to get ideas out in a rush, and later go back and find what worked.

13. KeanusGuitarus

East Australia, in NSW, quite a while from Sydney.
    Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I would love to, writing books and music are the only two art forms I am good at, but I have clarinet exams and school assignments smashing me in the face for the next 7 or so weeks, so I don't think it would be possible for me :frowning2:

14. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to try and do it, but just using microsoft word. The nanowrimo website confuses and irritates me.

15. Emberstone

well, you dont write it through the website, especially during peak hours when it first starts, as website downtime is tradition, literally.

you just write in your word count from whatever form you are writing it in, and at the end, then you copy it into the validator to make it offical.

16. fleetingwells

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm unsure of whether or not I want to do this. I never finish anything, much less a novel of 50,000 words :eek: It sounds like a good challenge but I don't know if I really want to spend the rest of my summer constantly writing something I'm not sure I can fill from start to finish yet :confused:

#16 fleetingwells, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  17. MusicIsLife

I'll give it a shot. I always do the november Nano, but we'll see. I'm also writing teen fiction instead of teen fantasy, so I'm giving myself some kind of challenge.

18. Crow

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Awesome! Ooooh~ I would love to read yours once you complete it. Good luck!

19. Aeon Magus

I've been meaning to take part in one of these for years, but my plans always seem to get in the way of me actually writing anything for NaNoWriMo. Sadly, this year will be no different. I'll try to squeeze in some time for this next year... maybe, if my schedule will allow it. And if there is one next year, obviously. :dry:

20. Bree

1,841 words today. Not a great start, but my typing got steadily faster. It can only get easier.