1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Drakey, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Drakey

I LOVE THIS SHOW :grin: I'm currently watching the 5th season and just finished seeing the newest episode :3 anybody else a fan of this awesome show?

2. Night Rain

It was great, but I dropped it after season 2 I think. Yeah, in the middle of season 3. I just got tired and it was basically the same thing over and over again (and the wife was unbearable). But I really enjoyed it. Great show. :slight_smile: I may pick it up again one day.

3. blightedsight

I haven't seen the most recent episode, yet, but I have seen every other and it is a magnificent TV series. I'm really sad this is the last series but equally excited that this series will resolve everything.

4. Drakey

yeah skyler gets pretty annoying in season 3 but trust me it's worth it!! :3

5. blightedsight

Skyler was always annoying.

6. Drakey

true xD she's my least favorite person on television. but I will say she has some pretty stellar moments in season 5

7. blightedsight

Oh yeah, she's been the catalyst for some pretty great moments, but as a person I couldn't stand her - though as a TV character she is good.
    I'm really looking forward to how this series works out. I mean, I genuinely cannot imagine that Walter White survives the end of the series(this isn't a spoiler). I've assumed his death since the first episode because thats how you have to end a show like this, but after the end of last season, I don't think it's the cancer that will get him - I think Jesse will, but I think it will also be a murder/suicide type situation.

8. Drakey

what I noticed is that in the opening of the first episode of season 5 he's doing the cancer cough again...that raises a few questions. My brother told me that he was watching a promo of season 5 and they showed that house where they busted Emilio and Jesse's original meth lab in the very first episode, so I'm assuming that that's going to be a plot point as well..

9. blightedsight

I noticed that too - but again, I think that was the ruse. Breaking Bad often starts the season with a glimpse at the future and, out of context we think it's one thing, but it actually is something else.
    Jesse needs to find out that Walt poisoned that child. In doing that, I think Jesse could be pushed over the edge and try to kill Walt. I also suspect that Jesse won't be able to do it unless it's a situation where there is no get out.
    It would be the perfect end to the series if Walt beat all the people against him, including Hank, only to lose, at the last, to Jesse, the one person who has been with him from the beginning.

10. Drakey

I think that would be something Vince Gilligan would do. I kinda always imagined that Hank would end up killing Walt. I mean he's gotta find out about Walt's meth business at some point right?? I mean he isn't just gonna let Walt get away with it just because they're brothers in law.

11. blightedsight

That is what I thought, until Walt poisoned the kid.
    I don't believe that Hank can just give in, I can't believe he thinks it will end with Frings death, and the second he sees Walts meth back on the street, he'll work out that "Heisenberg" is still alive. BUT, I don't think, now, that Hank will beat Walt. I think there will be a showdown AND I believe that Hank will "win" BUT I also have this feeling that Hank will tell Walt to just leave and never return, and in doing that, he will take care of Skyler and the family, and Walt can go and die alone...which is when Jesse will pop up and take out Walt.
    Thats what I would do anyway.

12. prism

Season 4 was actually hard to watch. The show definitely took a dive, but I feel like I've come too far to just stop watching it. Hahaha.
    & I agree, Skylar is the worst. My brother and I can't stand her character.

13. Drakey

really? I thought season 4 was the best yet when I first saw it

14. Season 4 is definitely my favourite as well! Almost ended up rooting for Gus & Crawl Space? The ending of that will stick with me forever! However season 5 is getting ready to overtake season 4 as my current favourite.

15. itsjoanna

My cousin's been telling me to watch it! Maybe i'll watch it one of these days :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. Drakey

17. dreamcatcher

I just finished season 1 and so far the show is great! Walter is a badass old dude.

18. JackWin

It is one of my alltime favorite shows. I am stuck between Breaking Bad, Lost, and Man Men. But still, breaking bad is an amazing show

19. IllusiveRannoch

only thing i know about this show is i read somewhere that one of the characters is the same actor who played 'Hal' from malcom in the middle. looong time ago

20. Drakey

yeah bryan cranston plays Walter White. He's such a good actor too! It's amazing hwo he switched from a comedic role to a dramatic role without missing a beat!